Brave wallet is unnecessarily opening, I was clicking on the Metamask extension to connect to a particular site but here Brave wallet is opening directly, and the Meta mask is not opening. Other wallet Extensions are working fine. the only problem with Brave and Metamask wallets. I don’t know why brave interferes every time with requesting the usage for the Metamask.
@Annam0304 Can you please provide the following information which can help troubleshoot your issue.
- Brave and OS version at brave://version
- Your default setting for Brave Ethereum wallet at brave://settings/wallet
Information that may help from the Brave Help Center: Brave Wallet category.
Why isn’t my MetaMask or other extension working with Dapps?
Dapps work by communicating with a special object that Brave Wallet and extensions like MetaMask provide named window.ethereum. Only one wallet can provide window.ethereum to websites. In Brave, we expose a setting in brave://settings/wallet to be able to change which wallet provides window.ethereum. Here’s a description of each setting:
- Brave Wallet (Prefer extensions) - This is the default. Brave Wallet will expose
window.ethereumbut allow other extensions such as MetaMask to overwrite it.
- Brave Wallet - Exposes
window.ethereumand prevents sites and extensions from changing
- Crypto Wallets (Deprecated) - Gives access to the old deprecated wallet. This option is not compatible with other extensions such as MetaMask.
- None -
window.ethereumwill not be provided by Brave Wallet at all. If you have extensions such as MetaMask, is is free to use
After changing the default wallet, it is best to restart your browser. Why?
- If you had Crypto Wallets loaded, it won’t be unloaded until the next restart. When Crypto Wallets is loaded it will not work properly with other extensions trying to access
- Existing already opened tabs will not change to use the new wallet setting, you need a new tab or a browser restart.
Please post an update, especially if you have already figured out the problem. It will help other community members searching for help. Take care.
Brave 1.48.171 Chromium: 110.0.5481.177 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Default Ethereum wallet - Brave wallet prefer Extension
@Annam0304 Thank-you for the information. I am going to be away for a few after this post, so may be a while before I respond again. Hopefully another community member can jump in or you can tag a moderator for help.
- Try changing the Default Ethereum wallet to None.
- Also, if you have other extensions, try disabling them to see if one may be causing a problem. You could also create a new profile and add only the metamask extension and see if that resolves the problem.
Please post an update. Take care.