BAT rewards drop from 0.01 BAT/ad to 0.001 BAT/ad

LOOK!

3 Likes

So we should directly write to him

2 Likes

Dude, it’s regarding Firewall issue I don’t know technicalities he already addressed this issue on twitter as many users asked him.

That’s just stu pid…

1 Like

They’ve created enough hype now they don’t need us .

1 Like

explain this to me better

Hi this is Jimmy, VP of Services and Operations here at Brave. Thanks for this question, as it comes up from time to time. The rewards per Brave Ad are not fixed. They reflect 1) How much the advertiser in a particular campaign for a particular region is willing to pay for impressions/outcomes and 2) BAT prices. However, sometimes these values per ad can also be “sticky”. That is, based on the time campaigns are committed to and setup, it may take time for them to adjust to new BAT prices in our system. In addition, for some ads, we don’t fully know the value at the time of delivery. For instance, Brave always rewards on attention, i.e. viewing the ad, but may only get paid on delayed purchases, etc. In this case, it may take the system a while to figure out the correct value of the ads, and we adjust accordingly. But we usually estimate high, to the benefit of users, and if there is any additional BAT that should go out at the end of the month, we add those to the monthly payouts.

To answer the follow ups from @plasmi :
"Some users get 0.005 BAT. Does anyone have a theory for the instability?" The prices for different campaigns fall into several buckets, and that is one of them. What can sometimes be confusing is that certain users can see one bucket repeat so often as to assume that is the standard value for a Brave Ad, when in reality, it can definitely fluctuate.

"Some moderators have said in other posts that the stock markets’ instability causes the giving to change, but it was at $1.6/BAT once and they still gave 0.01 BAT/ad."
Quite right, and this represents the “stickiness” of how the system currently works that I mentioned earlier. Even though BAT at the time of this writing is down from that peak, it is still much higher than in some previous months, and many campaigns are adjusting to reflect that.

The team is actively working on ways of making the system respond more quickly to these changes and lots of exciting work on THEMIS: https://brave.com/themis-update-2/ will help to make these changes clearer and less confusing.

UPDATE:
I dug in with the team here and did notice that, related to some of these delivery issues over the last few days, some campaigns were indeed over-corrected, especially the affiliate ones. For all the reasons stated above, they may still have different values than previously, but the difference should be less significant now. Restarting your browser will help to ensure that you get a new catalog with updated values. If we notice that some users are still short of BAT given these changes, we will make sure to square up the differences for those users at the end of month payout. Thanks to everybody for their patience, vigilance and support, and sorry for the inconvenience.

20 Likes

I also notice the same issue and i am not happy about it. I want brave to be brave and fix this as soon as possible.

Is this a false promise now!? @sampson

6 Likes

My rewards are stuck at 1.720 BAT from 2days , what’s happening, what could be the issue

1 Like

in simple words, as the brave user based increases the ad rewards decreases.
i think…

1 Like

Well, so you should lower Uphold mobile requirements from 25 BAT to 2.5 BAT…

4 Likes

@LuciferMorningstar you may have been impacted by an outage here. I suggest you restart your browser to see if it helps. If not, best if you DM your wallet payment id from brave://rewards-internals and I can investigate further

2 Likes

So basically advertiser bought at 0.8$ bat and now bat price is 1.33$ that’s why system can’t calculate properly…that’s big problem u know bcz advertiser bought BAT not usd…

@atchoo thankfully we are reducing requirements here very soon https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/15055 and are working with Uphold to reduce them further as soon as we can.

5 Likes

So now it’s official ad price is 0.001-0.005 and max ad cap is 10ads per day(according to THIEMv2) wow…that’s amazing :joy::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Honestly if this stays like this instead of going back to 0.010 I would abandon Brave without question, it’s absurd.

6 Likes

Are you saying that at one point all the rewards of different advertisers suddenly decreased by 10 times?
I would like to remind you that there are prices on the advertising market. Push notifications for minimum estimates start at 0.008, but not 0.0011 that you pay.
This way you will lose most of your users.
After all, the essence of your browser is precisely in rewarding users, because you are implementing ads into it.
I will add.
0.008 is the cheapest push notification and there is a chance to run into a bot. That is why such a price. Normal notifications cost from 0.02

2 Likes

One month you get approx. USD$0.60 for 620 sponsored image ads.

That is too funny for browsing websites with ads.

3 Likes

I don’t agree, At least Brave blocks Ads,
I used mostly used all Browsers not considering Tor all are worst in privacy and ad blocking, They stole Cookies and show SHITTY focused Ads while browsing… :neutral_face:

1 Like