BAT rewards drop from 0.01 BAT/ad to 0.001 BAT/ad

In the past, Brave gave us 0.01 BAT/ad. However, now we are getting 0.001 BAT. Why did this happen!? I would also like to note that it seems a bit overdoing, considering that we only get 0.11 pennies/ad.

This problem has already been mostly solved. 70% of ads are now at 0.01 BAT. (stats are here)

Note 1:
Users get different amounts of BAT (including $0.005, $0.0025, $0.001, and the normal $0.01). Does anyone have a theory for the instability?

Note 2:
Some moderators have said in other posts that the stock markets’ instability causes the giving to change, but it was at $1.6/BAT once and they still gave 0.01 BAT/ad.

Note 3:

Brave has stated in the terms and conditions of BAT (terms here)

You earn BAT equal to approximately 70% of the revenue Company earns from the ad campaigns shown to you.

Is this true? Are they using approximately (a smart word choice) to avoid the problem? Is this a bug, like Brendan Eich tweeted? And what else?

38 Likes

I noticed the same issue in my account

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue, certainly hope it’s not intentional, I love the project, but it’s hardly worth it if I need to view 1000 ads to make a buck.

15 Likes

That is way too much of a correction. For a lousy 5 BAT that would be 5000 ads a month, which you can’t do because they limit how many you see every day. Guess my rewards is being turned off until they reverse this policy. It’s easier to just buy the BAT myself, and then I don’t have to use Uphold.

17 Likes

I’m thinking it’s likely a mistake, the draw of making money on ads is a big (if not the biggest part) of what’s driving people to adopt Brave. If the rewards are this dismal, it’s no longer worth it, I think it would put a meaningful dent in their new users.

6 Likes

Nope, it looks like they lowered the rewards.

14 Likes

That’s pretty disappointing, the browser is still good by itself, but they aren’t going to get new users with those rewards.

11 Likes

So after viewing 25,000 ads you can finally verify your Android on uphold If your eyeballs haven’t falling out of your head

25 Likes

The same thing has happened to me for about 5 hours

I feel like this is something they could have discussed with the community before moving forward with it. At least we now know it is actually .0011 and not just .001. lol

7 Likes

I think they should fix it

3 Likes

0.001 BAT per ad? This is ridiculous. If that is how much Brave appreciates attention of their users I would love to see how little their employees must earn!

3 Likes

There are also ads of
BAT: 0.025

1 Like

where are u from ? my region have 0,001 ads only

4 Likes

I don’t see any for that amount, our attention is worth more then 0.001 that’s an insult, these advertisers need to be blocked, we need a new ad blocker, one that blocks cheap advertisers from getting into our notifications

4 Likes

Hey there , I’ve noticed same issue today that I got 0.005 bat per one ad before it was 0.010 and I got only one percent for watching wallpepar sponsored ads , this should not happen , report this error @steeven and @Mattches , kindly look into this . thank you

4 Likes

just received Ledger Nano S ad. 0.005 BAT

2 Likes

If this continues it will not be possible to get eligible for payout Because it doesn’t seems to be possible with new ads scheme @steeven , @Mattches

3 Likes

Ad Reward 0.001? I saw two wallpapers and my balance went from 3,040 to 3,042! is it a system error or will we only receive 0.001 per ad from now on?
if the problem persists i will uninstall the brave browser, i advise the same to you

5 Likes

unistall 3,2,1
asta la vista brave

6 Likes