Zebpay trouble connecting to multiple brave device

Briefly describe your issue: I’ve been using Brave for about 2.5 years, both on my phone and on my laptop. In Uphold and Gemini, the account connection was straight-forward and smooth, but in Zebpay, I can’t connect multiple accounts of my brave, like my mobile and laptop. If I connect my mobile browser, then my laptop gets disconnected, and vice versa. In addition to that, if I only keep my laptop browser connected, it still gets disconnected after a day or two, saying for security reasons, but it is really frustrating to me now.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? (Menu --> About Brave) Ubuntu 20,
Version 1.58.137 Chromium: 117.0.5938.153 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Who is your verified custodian? (Uphold/Gemini/bitFlyer) Zebpay

Are you in a supported region? Yes, India

1 Like

Currently Zebpay does disconnect quite early but haven’t noticed that it disconnects as soon as I connect some other device. It does in 3 4 days though.

The Brave team is going to iron out the kinks though, they just wanted to make sure India is able to get vBAT before it’s expired.

Yeah, I faced that issue, which is why I only connected my laptop and planned to connect my mobile for alternate payout sessions, but it keeps disconnecting at intervals of 2–3 days.

(Copy/paste of reply I gave on Reddit)

Because ZebPay has set it up to do that. To be clear, you should still earn BAT and receive your payments even if it has you logged out. There’s a “front end” and “back end” connection that occurs. The one you’re seeing here is the “front end” one which only serves two purposes:

1. To allow you to see your BAT balance that is stored in ZebPay
  2. To send tips to people.

Logging out is a security thing so people can’t see your balance or easily send money from your account.

All platforms do this, though Uphold and Gemini had adjusted so it does it like once every 90-120 days. ZebPay for now is within 24-72 hours it seems. This will hopefully be adjusted in the future, but we will have to see what decisions get made.

1 Like

Any update on when Zebpay coming for creators?

Most likely not any time soon. They are still mostly trying to make smoother payouts and other stuff for Zebpay × Brave rewards connection itself.

Not sure though, just my guess.

2 Likes

In the last call we had, they just said it’s coming soon. Unfortunately they didn’t really have anything more to say.

I’m supposing with how payments aren’t quite going smoothly right now, it’ll be delayed until kinks are out of the system.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.