Still getting BAT sent to my Uphold despite disconnecting 2 weeks ago

Briefly describe your issue:
I received my November BAT rewards on Dec.8th; they were properly sent to my Uphold wallet. I decided to switch wallets, so on Dec. 9th I disconnected my Uphold wallet from Brave browser and am going to connect my Gemini wallet.

Roughly a week later, after my Uphold wallet was disconnected, Brave deposited more BAT (that I had previously earned, Im assuming) into the Uphold wallet, after it was not connected… Why would they do that? And is there any way to remedy?

**What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?**Win10/ Brave version: 1.46.144

**Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)**It was until I disconnected it about a week ago.

**What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?**Feb’22?

**Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?**Yes

**Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)**No

Are you in a supported region ([see here] Yes
(https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/6539887971469-Supported-regions-for-verifying-Brave-Rewards-with-a-custodial-account-provider-) for list of supported regions)?

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices? yes

Yes shw🚿 their all great scammers

are you also a verfied publisher? was the recent deposit from ad rewards or tips?

@SacKing Disconnected from where? Keep in mind that logging out from a browser is not the same as having them disconnect on the back end. Not to mention, if it was 2 weeks ago as you state, then payments would have already been starting to process.

If you have linked your browser to Gemini, then future payments should go to Gemini. Am I understanding according to how things are written that you have yet to connect to Gemini? If so, then means you’re possibly still linked to Uphold on the back end.

Regardless though, what you received likely was just from what was processed before you disconnected. If you saw the notice, they had a pay issue and went back to fix it.

So, I waited until I was awarded Nov. earnings before disconnecting my Brave browser using the “Disconnect from Uphold” link (circled). It seemed to properly disconnect as it no longer reflected my status as being “verified”. In fact, it now reflected “unverified” status.
Well, a week or so after disconnecting from Uphold, Brave sent another tx to pay for some of Nov. earnings that had been missing apparently. It was only 1 BAT so Im not worried about it… However, I was wondering why this was still happening and not just going to my local storage until I connected my Gemini. I did not want to move forward with the connection if it was still going to be sending to Uphold.
And if using the “disconnect from Uphold” link only ostensibly disconnects you from Uphold, what if I didn’t want to verify with Gemini and merely use my BAT earnings for tipping creators from the browser? Would they continue to send my BAT to Uphold even though I do not want to use them and have disconnected from their platform using Brave’s own link?
I would hope not… :upside_down_face:

Thank you for your response Saoiray!

@SacKing Well, I’m not sure if things have changed, but the way it worked in the past is if you disconnected from the browser, all it did was log you out so you couldn’t see your Uphold balance. It didn’t actually sever the connection between Brave and Uphold. To do that, people had to submit Wallet Unlink Requests.

They have removed Wallet Unlink Request from the type of support tickets you can submit, but I think they only did that because they got rid of wallet limits. I don’t think they did it because of changing things on the back end.

Thus if it works as I’m saying, then when you disconnected it wouldn’t have cut it off and all future payments will continue going to Uphold. It only would change if you linked it to Gemini or if you sent in a request to disconnect it from Brave’s side.

But I guess we’ll be able to find out for sure next month, right? If you receive another payment to Uphold rather than your browser, it will confirm. Otherwise will just go straight to you, lol.

1 Like

Im going to connect my Gemini wallet now… and hopefully avoid finding out!

Thanks for your replies, my friend. :pray:

1 Like

I wanted to update ya… So, I wanted to switch to Gemini because here in the US Uphold was beginning to require even MORE identity verification items/documents to continue using their wallet… and I have had a Gemini wallet for a while…

Well, for some reason, I had to resubmit my ID to Gemini also and when I did, 12 hours later (maybe a day? idr…) they told me that “unfortunately, we had to close your account.”

I was like wtf?! And they go on to tell me that they cannot provide any more information… :man_facepalming:

I explain to them that it clearly must have had to do with my recent document submission (which is 10000% legitimate hahaha) and they tell me that they cannot provide me with ANY FURTHER information- period. I said that I was NOT acting fraudulently and asked what could I do to prove that I was who I am, because I am me. They just kept saying “we understand your frustration but we cannot discuss this any further.” They told me that my account had now been closed… Perhaps that means I will be able to create a new one… lol

After a few back and forth emails of me trying to figure this out I asked them that specifically (creating a new acct.) But, they have yet to reply. I have a feeling I wont be hearing from them.

So much for “User Support”… lol

Hopefully Brave will integrate with another wallet sometime…

Yes, I think this is just a matter of timing as Saoiray mentioned. This is basically how it works: At the beginning of every month when we start processing payouts, we look at everyone and their payout method. If you changed your custodian after we started processing payouts, then your payout had already started to process for your previous payout method. However, in the next payout period (next month), it should go to your new custodial account/payout method.

For what good it will do. I know a lot of people have mentioned places like Binance as if they are a lot better, but they are doing the same type of stuff. It’s happening everywhere as they are having to buckle down against fraud and regulations are changing around the globe. I mean, check screenshots below of people having issues with Binance recently .

Guess it just goes to show the old saying, “it’s always greener on the other side of the fence.”

Brave is definitely working with everyone to try to make things easier and more reliable. Custodial partners also working closely with Brave. Just is taking a while to dot the i’s and cross the T’s, as they say. (for anyone reading this that never heard that saying, just means to make sure everything is done as thoroughly and accurately as possible)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.