Youtube still blocking ads. Component issue


I’ve been trying to bypass youtube ads and had fixed it witth the PSA about it. But its back. Im not getting a block on the videos, but ads are loading normally like having no adblock. I checked and some important components fail to update. How can i fix this update issue?

Im on PC and the latest version of everything except for this components.
image
image
image

As you can see in the screenshots, the version of the components are messed up, and the message reads “update error” in spanish

@Tuki is your browser itself updated? You didn’t provide the version number for it. You could also just try to do a manual update if need be, which also should fix any issues with a corrupt profile, by downloading Brave again. (Not uninstalling, just download/install on top of your current browser)

EDIT: Just did the download like you suggested. A few components updated correctly. But the core of the issue persists:
image

Thank you for your answer @Saoiray. Yes to my knowledge everything is updated except for the components that throw the error back. Here’s the version either way v1.62.162. Ill do the download again

I know I’ve seen the issue before and thought updates are what fixed it. But there might be something else. I know I’m kind of doing a bunch of things at random at the moment, so can’t promise to spend the time to research it today. Not sure if you know how to search Brave Community, but overall what I’d be doing myself is as I instruct people at Search Before Posting, with me just constantly adjusting words/phrases ( such as components update, component not updating, version 0.0.0.0, can't update etc) and trying to sort by recent posts and all just to see if I can come up with anything. Up to you if you want to try to do the same in case you can find answers before me. It’s definitely time consuming and can be like finding a needle in a haystack, but at least wanted to advise on what I often tend to do in helping people find solutions to things I don’t remember off the top of my head.

That said, I would also like to ask that you try to create a new browser profile and see if it happens there as well.

Yes! I just made the account today so im not very familiarized with it. Regardless, i got lucky and found a quick fix. Running brave as administrator, that worked instantly. TY

1 Like

I have applied this into filters
and got rid off silly youtube blockage!


accounts.youtube.com##.style-scope.ytd-in-feed-ad-layout-renderer.sparkles-light-cta

www.youtube.com##.style-scope.ytd-in-feed-ad-layout-renderer.sparkles-light-cta

accounts.youtube.com##.style-scope.ytd-in-feed-ad-layout-renderer.sparkles-light-cta

www.youtube.com##.style-scope.ytd-in-feed-ad-layout-renderer.sparkles-light-cta

accounts.youtube.com##.style-scope.ytd-in-feed-ad-layout-renderer.sparkles-light-cta

www.youtube.com##.style-scope.ytd-in-feed-ad-layout-renderer.sparkles-light-cta

accounts.youtube.com###ad-inline-playback-metadata

www.youtube.com###ad-inline-playback-metadata

accounts.youtube.com##.style-scope.ytd-in-feed-ad-layout-renderer.sparkles-light-cta

www.youtube.com##.style-scope.ytd-in-feed-ad-layout-renderer.sparkles-light-cta

accounts.youtube.com###ad-inline-playback-metadata

www.youtube.com###ad-inline-playback-metadata```
1 Like

Ill keep this filters as an alternate fix, thank you! I read while searching for this that using custom filters might work short term but eventually could break the site