Brave not blocking ads 9/17/24

Went to youtube and brave is not blocking ads. Any advice? Thank you

1 Like

Can confirm - Google is at it again. I’ve been clear of any ads for the past month or so until just now. Any updates would be appreciated.

1 Like

@jtroncoso and @Motrax it helps if you can ever say what OS and version of Brave you’re using when reporting issues.

Anyway, can you check to see if you can update everything at brave://components and see if any errors occur? Or if it does update, see if it resolves.

Also, what are your settings? I want to make sure you’re using Fanboy's Annoyances + uBO Annoyances as well as Brave Experimental adblock rules

Followed all of your provided suggestions to no success.

I’m using Version 1.69.168 Chromium: 128.0.6613.138 (Official Build) (arm64) on a 2021 iMac running Sonoma 14.6.1.

Brave version is 1.69.168
Confirmed all components are up to date
Hope this helps

Thanks @Motrax and @jtroncoso originally I was hoping you had a second issue that was occurring on occasion with adblocking, but I see other reports as well on YouTube. I’m guessing Fanboynz and the others are looking into things and will be making adjustments. Thanks for reporting and also following up on the questions just in case.

1 Like

You got it. Is there anyway we can do in our end? Many thanks!

Same here. It’s not just youtube, other website are showing ads as well. I have update the browser to the current version (brave://components) and not sure how to do the Fanboy’s Annoyances + uBO Annoyances and Brave Experimental adblock rules.
Where can i find the above 2 setting to update.

1 Like

This is a known issue that the team is working to resolve presently.

2 Likes

the last few days, youtube is either making a killing on ad revenue or they have lost a serious number of viewers to something else.

please Brave, save YouTube and block their ads!

(post deleted by author)