YouTube and Twitch video playback very laggy with hardware acceleration enabled

Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700-XT (problem persists with different driver versions), Windows 10

I tested this issue mostly on YouTube but it also happens on Twitch. One solution I found is turning off hardware acceleration but I need it to be on for other things I do in the browser. None of this happens in Chrome.
Videos run perfectly if I leave my cursor on them but if the cursor disappears they immediately drop to 30 FPS. I couldn’t replicate this issue every time.
Same thing happens but way worse on my second monitor (main monitor is 165hz Dell S2721DGF, second is a 60hz Dell) it probably drops to 10 FPS if I don’t keep the cursor on.
Here’s a video I recorded of it happening

How can this issue be reproduced?

Watch a video on a second monitor on an AMD system with hardware acceleration enabled. Don’t leave the cursor on the video window.

Expected result: Video lags hard

Brave Version (check About Brave): Version 1.36.119 Chromium: 99.0.4844.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

You may want to tag the moderators and see if they could pop in and help.

In the meantime, below are some other recent topics that seemed related. I thought they may help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.