Dual monitor - Slow and lagging video

Description of the issue:
Video lagging and slow

How can this issue be reproduced?
I have dual monitor and when I play a Youtube video in one Brave window and in the second monitor another Brave window playing another video from any other source (twitch for example) the videos starts to slow and lag. Actually it’s not only video, if the other brave window is on the yahoo finance quotation screen, also the video slows and lags.

Expected result:
Expected result is to play both videos normally. When I made a test playing in one Brave window a Youtube video and on the other monitor other browser (chrome) the videos doens’t lag and slow.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.48.158 Chromium: 110.0.5481.77 (Official version) 64 bits

Additional Information:

2 Likes

Hello @edsoncho

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings, to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration.

Let us know if that helps.
Regards.

1 Like

Dear Alice,

Thank you so much for your support! It worked perfect! Now I can use both monitors without any problem!

Could you please explain what exactly the hardware acceleration does and what impact it has disabling it? I mean, it can downgrade the performance or any other thing?

Thank you so much!

Hi @edsoncho

I’m happy that for now the issue is solved, About your question computer’s hardware is forced to perform faster than the standard computing architecture of a normal central processing unit (CPU) that’s why the problem is solved. if you have any additional question or the issue comes back let us know.

Have a great day. :wave:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.