I mean which is better by privacy? I can’t really choose since both are very great and they say they have good privacy. Brave says that it’s better than DDG in privacy. Could someone prove it?
Bear in mind Brave search is still only in Beta and doesn’t do what all it should in terms of search parms etc.
That said, I like it for simple searches but have “duck” as a keyword for those other times.
You can start here:
Excerpt from the above:
Brave Search is different from other search engines because it uses its own index and follows different principles:
- Privacy: no tracking or profiling of users.
- User-first: the user comes first, not the advertising and data industries.
- Independence: Brave has its own search index for answering common queries privately without reliance on other providers.
- Choice: soon, options for ad-free paid search and ad-supported search.
- Transparency: no secret methods or algorithms to bias results, and soon, community-curated open ranking models to ensure diversity and prevent algorithmic biases and outright censorship.
- Seamlessness: best-in-class integration between the browser and search without compromising privacy, from personalization to instant results as the user types.
- Openness: Brave Search will soon be available to power other search engines.
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.