Different Search Engine option in Private Window

Hello Brave,
Your search engine results have become better than before. Please introduce a feature in Brave Desktop to choose different search engines in normal and private mode. Let me explain you why it is needed. I don’t like DuckDuckGo search results but I have to keep DuckDuckGo as a search engine due to the privacy extension. I have installed it as it provides a two layer security for me. If some trackers escape Brave Shield then it is blocked by DuckDuckGo extension, I myself have experienced it. Once it showed me 2 trackers blocked in spite of Brave Shield being active. If you would introduce different search engine for private tab then it would be beneficial for me as well as for others. For my accounts and all I will get 2 layer protection and for good search results I would use private window only with Brave Search as my search engine. Hope you get my point.
Thank You,
Mohak

I have this ability, in settings/search engine/ (choose for both regular tabs and private browsing) so I have duckduckgo for my regular browsing and Google for private browsing.

Do you have windows desktop Brave version? When I open search engine setting it shows me duckduckgo extension is controlling this setting.

I suggest clicking on that disable button maybe? I am able to use the drop-down to select the search engine I want.
As far as using a different search engine JUST for private browsing, I suggest going to Google dot com to search directly with Google from the private tab. Honestly, I use Google in my main search bar, but I’m not logged in to Google so there’s no personal tracking. Brave does a great job on it’s own for blocking cookies, tracking, and ads.

1 Like

Alternatively, you can simply type :g then your search term and it will default to Google search.
:br for brave
:d for duck duck
:b for Bing
And so on.
Example:
:g how many feet in a mile
That will Google that sh**t :smiley:

1 Like

Ok Thank You so much

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.