VPN Buttons does not recognize my subscription

VPN Buttons does not recognize my subscription

Type of device:
Legion T5 26IOB6 Desktop

OS version:
Windows 11

Detailed description of the behavior:
When I click the VPN button on toolbar it does not recognize my account. I click “already purchased VPN”, login into to my account and then prompted with this message: “Success! Your Brave VPN credentials are now loaded on this device. To start using Brave VPN, click the “VPN” button in the Brave browser toolbar.” I then go back and click the VPN button to chose my VPN location, but the button still does not register my successful login.

1 Like

Hi @Arbuckle, completely missed this. Very sorry about that. Is this still an issue for you or has it been resolved?

@steeven no worries, yes this is still an issue. The VPN button does not recognize my account even after I verify my subscription.

1 Like

@Arbuckle following up with a DM.

I am having the same issue. It’s happened before, eventually I was able to use it. But at random, I am again unable to use VPN in my desktop web browser, same issue as described by this poster.

@rrm1 We may be able to have @steeven or others from Brave get in touch with you, but I’d also suggest you try to contact Guardian, which are the ones that provide the VPN service. Both can work well. I’ll link to a comment from someone on the Guardian team who advises how to contact them:

Hello, and thank you for your reply.

When I click on the VPN button on the toolbar, it just shows me the advertisement for the service, with the options “Buy” or “Already purchased VPN?” There is no gear icon there.

Ah, ok. Guess makes sense since you’re saying it’s not recognizing. But let me rewind a bit. On your situation, how did you buy the VPN? Mainly going to ask if you if essentially followed the instructions at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/13405790544653-How-do-I-add-a-new-device-to-an-existing-VPN-subscription-? And if so, what is it showing? (If on Mobile, subscription is through app store. If on desktop, subscription is through https://account.brave.com/ )

Hi @rrm1, you can submit a ticket directly to our VPN Support form and we can get to the bottom of your issue - https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003078831. Thank you!

Thank you.

I purchased the subscription on android through Google Play.

I tried the instructions about linking the account on the mobile app.

I got a “Whoops! Something went wrong with linking your account. Please contact Brave Support”

I do believe I may have done this before. I have Brave VPN working on two mobile devices.

I will proceed to submit a ticket on via the link provided by steeven.

1 Like

Hi,
I submitted a ticket to support from the link you provided around 5 days ago. I have received no response to that ticket, or an email verifying it was sent, though I’m positive the email was entered correctly.

Hi @rrm1, following up with a DM.

Having the same issue. I paid for my account from my laptop (Windows 11) on the desktop app top right icon, but I clicked the cnfirmation link from my phone, which has Brave as well. My browser is not recognizing any credentials and the “refresh” button does not work. Were there any fixes for this???

Please let me know ASAP if I have to delete the subscription, if I cant use this.

Hello @Draxtik - I’d be happy to help! If you’re able to submit a ticket through our Support form, this will get your inquiry in directly. Please let me know your ticket number in a reply and I’ll be happy to look it up on our side. Many thanks!