Help! paid for vpn but it says i need to login. i'm logged in!

Please provide us with the following information

Type of device (iPad pro, iPhone 10, etc):
WINDOWS 10, LENOVO THINKPAD

iOS version ( Settings --> About --> Software Version ):

Detailed description of the behavior:

I PURCHASED THE FIREWALL + VPN. I CANCELLED THE SUBSCRPITION BUT I STILL HAVE UNTIL OCTOBER 6TH 2023.

IT IS NOT LETTING ME USE THE VPN. IT HAS BEEN FINE ALL WEEK.

PLEASE HELP. IT STILL SAYS I NEED TO LOGIN. I CLICK THE LINK TO LOGIN. IT SENT ME AN EMAIL. NOW IT SAYS IM LOGGED IN BUT I CANNOT USE THE VPN. SO I CLICK THE LINK AGAIN TO SEND EMAIL BUT THIS TIME IT JUST TAKES ME TO MY SUBSCRIPTION, WHICH IS ACTIVE, BUT I CANNOT USE THE VPN.

PLEASE HELP! I WANT TO CONTINUE USING THIS VPN AND I PLAN TO PURCHASE IT AGAIN IF WE CAN SOLVE THIS ISSUE.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

@NickDawsonCPA This is an ongoing issue being worked on. I’ve experienced it myself. It comes and goes. The teams have been trying to figure out the cause and get it fixed. In the meanwhile, you should still be able to activate the VPN through your OS.

So go to your Windows VPN settings and you’ll see Brave VPN as an option there. You’ll be able to enable it with no problems.

Saoiray thanks so much!

I’m having the problem on my phone as well. I would like to have it be able to connect to the VPN.

@NickDawsonCPA,
What actually happens (on your desktop) after you login to account.brave.com — do you see your VPN subscription listed under Your account subscriptions? If so, what do you see when you click the VPN button in the browser?

I did what Saoiray told me and the VPN is functional on my computer under my windows settings. The VPN button on the browser still does not work but at least it is working through Windows. So I’m happy with my computer.

Now I’m wondering how to get the VPN to work on my iPhone which is synced.

I purchased the VPN through a CC on my computer there is nothing under subscriptions on my phone.

@NickDawsonCPA in order to do that you’ll need to navigate to https://account.brave.com/ on your iPhone and then put in the email you used when you did the CC. Then while in your account, you should be able to see the active VPN subscription. Just hit Refresh VPN (or something like that) and it will activate it on your iPhone.

I was going to show you the steps but I already had activated. What I will give a note though is when I went to turn on VPN just now, it acted like I needed to buy it. I went through to log in and it showed like you see in the screenshot below. Once that was done, I was able to enable the VPN toggle with no issue.

If it does that to me again where the login is required, I’ll gather some data and send it to the devs, because it shouldn’t be working that way for anyone who has gone through this process and activated it once.

1 Like

Saoiray you the man! This worked beatifully.

1 Like