Very few ads/BAT being received

Hello !

I am having weird behaviors with the reward system.
Having a home page ad does not reward me any BAT, while my friend does receive some. I receive very very few ads in a day. I use my computer (and the browser) from 10 to 14 hours a day, and I receive at best 5 ads a day (I haven chosen the 5 ads per hour limit). My friend has installed Brave the same day as I did and he has gotten over 1.5 BAT in less than a week, whereas I don’t even have 0.2 BAT. My main concern is the home page ads seemingly not working and receiving almost no ads in a whole day. I am using Windows 10.0.16299 and have the latest brave build as of 21-03-2021.

Thanks in advance !

1 Like

More info : I tried to uninstall and re-install Brave, but I just lost the little 0.2 BAT I had (which I clearly expected). I hoped to have some sort of fix, but still, I’m not receiving ads and I’m not getting paid for viewing the home page ads.

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for the information. The only related issue I could find is the region. I am from Belgium, and Belgium is not in the list of currently supported regions. Though, two of my friends who downloaded it the same time as I did and who live less than 5km away from me are almost being flooded by ads, whereas I’m not getting any. Maybe the algorithm doesn’t find a match ?
The other issue is about the home page ads. My two friends are both getting paid for seeing them, but I’m not. Maybe it is a bug ?

They must be using vpn then

That’s very likely a bug, for me they seem to work normally one day and stop working the other

Blockquote They must be using vpn then

They are not

Blockquote That’s very likely a bug, for me they seem to work normally one day and stop working the other

That’s interesting, how frequently does it change ? How long can you use it before it stops working ?

go to this link, if there are not much active campaigns then there should not be to much of a difference between you and your friends
https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

go to this link, if there are not much active campaigns then there should not be to much of a difference between you and your friends
https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

Thanks for the link ! It was helpful. I looked at it and my friends and I all have approximately the same amount of ads available. I can’t figure out why I get about 10% of what they are being shown, and why the home page ads don’t reward me anything.
Thanks for the help though !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.