Very few ads/BAT being received

Hello !

I am having weird behaviors with the reward system.
Having a home page ad does not reward me any BAT, while my friend does receive some. I receive very very few ads in a day. I use my computer (and the browser) from 10 to 14 hours a day, and I receive at best 5 ads a day (I haven chosen the 5 ads per hour limit). My friend has installed Brave the same day as I did and he has gotten over 1.5 BAT in less than a week, whereas I don’t even have 0.2 BAT. My main concern is the home page ads seemingly not working and receiving almost no ads in a whole day. I am using Windows 10.0.16299 and have the latest brave build as of 21-03-2021.

Thanks in advance !

1 Like

More info : I tried to uninstall and re-install Brave, but I just lost the little 0.2 BAT I had (which I clearly expected). I hoped to have some sort of fix, but still, I’m not receiving ads and I’m not getting paid for viewing the home page ads.

Hello,
Thanks for the information. The only related issue I could find is the region. I am from Belgium, and Belgium is not in the list of currently supported regions. Though, two of my friends who downloaded it the same time as I did and who live less than 5km away from me are almost being flooded by ads, whereas I’m not getting any. Maybe the algorithm doesn’t find a match ?
The other issue is about the home page ads. My two friends are both getting paid for seeing them, but I’m not. Maybe it is a bug ?

They must be using vpn then

That’s very likely a bug, for me they seem to work normally one day and stop working the other

Blockquote They must be using vpn then

They are not

Blockquote That’s very likely a bug, for me they seem to work normally one day and stop working the other

That’s interesting, how frequently does it change ? How long can you use it before it stops working ?

go to this link, if there are not much active campaigns then there should not be to much of a difference between you and your friends
https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

go to this link, if there are not much active campaigns then there should not be to much of a difference between you and your friends
https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

Thanks for the link ! It was helpful. I looked at it and my friends and I all have approximately the same amount of ads available. I can’t figure out why I get about 10% of what they are being shown, and why the home page ads don’t reward me anything.
Thanks for the help though !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.