Update crashes brave

the latest brave update, the nearest i can tell, has stopped brave from running on my pc again. started about 2 weeks ago, i’ve been using firefox since, but hate firefox. how can i go back to the last release, thats stable, and turn off updates (i’m not a browser expert, but can manage to get around in the settings and such) - its my "service win8.1 laptop, no virus s/w and no firewall on.

There are no updates for Windows 8. There haven’t been any in nearing 2 years now.

Anyway, try doing as instructed at the links below

1. Brave does not launches, even after deleting User Data - #73 by szilardszaloki

2. Brave does not launches, even after deleting User Data - #88 by szilardszaloki

Thank you it worked. all i could figure was it was an update. but it makes sense Brave would have stopped updates on win8.1

i don’t do a lot of funky stuff with this laptop. (ie i don’t load apps or such)

not sure why it keeps happening to me? this is the 3rd time this year Brave has stopped working somewhat in this fashion. its my go to browser on all my machines as well as any customers i do desktop for

thanks again
rr

@rambling_rebel wanted to check in with you. Assuming should be resolved?

yes it did. took me a few minutes to figure out how to do it, but once i did it all came back including open tabs

1 Like

ok thanks for letting me know