Brave inmediately crashing!

Description of the issue:
A blank screen shows up for a fraction of a second when launching Brave. Then inmediately closes, as if nothing had happened.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Launch Brave Browser on Windows
  2. Watch it crash / fail to start

Expected result:
The browser would be expected to launch correctly.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Cant check as I cant open it, but it is the latest, as I reinstalled it with the online installer (from the official site).

A lot of people are having this issue, my guess is that it has to do with one of the new windows updates as I cannot even launch firefox, brave, and chrome. Only edge works.

2 Likes

Yep, I and a few other people have talked about this in another thread, it started happening after a windows update and the only browsers that work for me right now are Chrome and Edge.

1 Like

Yep. I want to add myself into this issue. I think Brave should check some compatibility problem with the new windows update. I’m using Vivaldi right now, and it’s working fine

1 Like

I just tried something that was commented in another thread: change the name of the brave.exe file. It works fine now lol

1 Like

Hello @Basically @Oh_Shoot @farthaz @vortex_idk

it been said on the other post that it fixed by rename the brave.exe file check this one

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.