Unable to re-verify wallet

Brave Android (haven’t tested on PC yet).

Every now and then I have to relog (verify wallet) into Uphold inside of Brave. I’ve noticed I need to do it again two days ago.
I went through the verify wallet steps, the final of which is inputting my two factor authentication code. After I input the 2FA code, the Uphold login screen is removed from the display and there is an animated circle in the place where the “Verify Wallet” button was, indicating that the log into Uphold is being processed, I suppose.
After that happens I close and reclick the Brave Rewards button only to have Brave crash and nothing else. Once I re-start Brave, the “Verify Wallet” is there like I did nothing and I need to do it all over again, only for it all to result with the crash, and so in a loop.

Application version
Brave 1.29.76, Chromium 93.0.4577.58
Operating system
Android 10; Build/QP1A.190711.020

Is my wallet currently verified?
My browser wallet is currently not verified, but it was, many times.

What date did you verify your wallet?
Umm, when Uphold was interoduced.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
I didn’t change locations. (yes)

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes.

6 Likes

same for me, i cant connect my uphold wallet in my android huawei p30 ask mes every time to connect i log on then its reset and ask me again to verify my wallet someone help pl;z ?

5 Likes

Signed up to say this is happening with me too. I was previously logged in to my Uphold wallet in the Android app, but after most recent update I’ve been logged out (and balance back to 0).

When I click the Verify Wallet button and login, I get redirected back to the rewards tab (no crash), but I’m not logged in.

6 Likes

I’ve got the same problem too. Nothing happened after verifying wallet. Still shows the same button and when i tap on it again, it crashes the browser. Hope the devs sees this topic and fix the issue stated.

Same for me too. I have this problem with 1 PC and 1 smartphone.

1 Like

Same as me for a week now.
@Mattches @steeven

1 Like

@Gandeloft,
Thank you for reaching out. Can you confirm for me that, were things working correctly rn, you would have your wallet verified w/Uphold right? I ask because earlier you mentioned

This meaning that your wallet is not verified due to the bug right?

For anyone else in this thread, can any of you please confirm weather or not the browser crashes during this process as well?

3 Likes

Hi @Mattches. For my part, just after I entered my credentials to verify my uphold wallet, it redirects me to the rewards page. There’s a small pop-up on the right showing the amount of bat tokens and the verify wallet button is still shown rather than wallet verified. When I tap on the verify wallet button again, it crashes. The browser doesn’t close unless I tap on it again.

I have the same issue on Android. It disconnected after the last update and haven’t been able to re-connect my uphold wallet since then. I have 5 bats stuck in the browser wallet

1 Like

I have been experiencing the same thing too. It redirects back to the verification page every time I try to verify.

Same issue here, Previously connected to uphold but got kicked out after the latest update and cannot login back again

1 Like

Well, same here but all my browsers (private notebook, work notebook and mobile phone) got disconnected and I “reached the device limit”.
I’m verified on Uphold since February, and it worked before.

1 Like

@steeven @Mattches @Soleb @tmancey

It is a loop of trying to verify. It worked on PC but not on android. It’s not a crash but it seems to just ignore the request.

I have the same issue. I was verified with Uphold and now I can’t connect to it.

1 Like

Same as me
@Mattches

I have exactly the same issue with the browser on PC…hope this get fixed ASAP…

We have opened an issue to get this resolved as soon as possible:

1 Like

Apologies – my above post may be inaccurate.
If your browser is not crashing, then this may be another issue entirely. For those who are stuck in a verification loop but your browser does not crash, please do the following:

1. Open Brave on your phone and go to brave://flags
  2. Search for Verbose logging and you should see Enable Brave Rewards verbose logging flag.
  3. Set this flag to Enabled and relaunch the browser when prompted.
  4. Then go to brave://rewards-internals and tap on the Logs tab.
  5. Tap the Download full log button and save the file to your device.
  6. Go to https://upload-support.brave.com/rewards, fill out the form and upload the logs file you just retrieved.
  7. Once complete, please reply here with the case number you are given after completing the form.

This information will help us take a closer look at what’s happening under the hood that might be causing this verification loop.

Thank you.

1 Like

Here’s my case number f0297365-4e7d-47ad-9fa3-c60ccbbeb913 hope this helps