[Android] It doesn't let me re-verify my Uphold account after all settings in Brave were reset

Briefly describe your issue:
Somehow all app settings were reset and I can’t re-link my Uphold to the browser. After the authorization process it keeps loading until nothing happens at all.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Android 11
Brave 1.32.106
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
not anymore
What date did you verify your wallet?
two or three years ago
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
yes
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes

1 Like

Even I am facing the same problem. Please help!

2 Likes

I am facing same problem in brave mobile app but desktop version is working properly.

2 Likes

@steeven @Mattches Are you aware of this issue?

Even i have similar issue not able to verify uphold account

1 Like

Can you (anyone experiencing this issue) try the following?

1. Go to Uphold.com and log into your account
  2. Once logged in, open your Shields panel and change the cookie control settings to All cookies allowed
  3. Go back to the Rewards panel/settings and try the Rewards wallet verification process again

Thanks for the reply! Sadly the result is the same: It says “Your wallet” for a second, then switches back to “verify wallet” and just loads.

@Deadlock,
Can you please send me a DM with your wallet payment ID, found on your brave://rewards-internals page?

@Deadlock, have you done resetting your brave wallet before? If you have, you will lose your existing wallet id and get new id. I have lost my uphold verified wallet id because of this.

@Mattches, will I be able to retrieve my old uphold verified wallet id back or are there any workaround for this?

I’m experiencing a similar issue. Uphold sent me an email confirming my mobile wallet was verified, but it’s not showing up anywhere in uphold, and the brave wallet still says “verify wallet” no matter how many times I click.

@kngt

:point_up: Can you elaborate for me on what you mean by this?

@x6505x did you try what I had suggested here? [Android] It doesn't let me re-verify my Uphold account after all settings in Brave were reset - #6 by Mattches

@Mattches Yes I tried those steps to no avail. After clicking “verify wallet” and then “authorize” on the subsequent uphold page, brave opens chrome://rewards/ and the wallet icon has an orange notification mark, but absolutely nothing happens. Uphold still doesn’t show a balance in the brave rewards card.

Screenshot of what happens after uphold authorize page: https://ibb.co/cNQsmZ7

@x6505x,
Can you please send me a DM with the email address that is associated with your Uphold account at this time?

@Mattches, I had uphold verified brave wallet. Due to some reason I was not getting any ads in that brave browser. So I have decided to reset my brave wallet. Before that, I have transferred all my BAT in that wallet to my uphold account. Now, after resetting I am unable to link my brave wallet to my uphold account. Message says “Maximum limit of linking reached”. It seems my wallet id has changed. Is there any way to retrieve back my old wallet id?

4 devices limit reached

@kngt,

Please see the following post for instructions on how to submit a wallet unlinking request:

2 Likes

@Mattches, I have already filled this form 2 weeks before. But my problem is not fixed yet.

@kngt,
We appreciate your patience as we work through our large volume of requests.

1 Like

For Android users here who are unable to verify – can you please try the following:

1. Open the browser and attempt the verification process again
  2. When it fails, go to brave://rewards-internals and click on the Event logs tab (not to be confused with the Logs tab – we want only the Event logs data in this case)
  3. Send me a DM with any output captured in Event logs.

Please make the subject line of your DM "Event logs data" so I know which thread they’re coming from.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.