Trying to access a specific website instantly crashes Brave

Hello!

Since yesterday, I can no longer access a website I check every day, whenever I try doing so in a non-private window (either by clicking a bookmark or by manually pasting the link), Brave crashes and closes, if several windows (whether they’re non-private or private) are open, they all close even if I tried accessing the website through only one of them, and if I restart Brave afterwards, it tells me that it hasn’t been exited properly. However, if I use a private window to access the website, Brave doesn’t crash, even if I log in through this window.

How to reproduce:

  1. Open a non-private window
  2. Go to https://aphil.1fr1.net/

Brave Version: 1.46.153 (64 bits)

Additional Information: I use Windows 10 and I repeatedly refused to update to 11. This might just be coincidental, but my problem started immediately after my computer suffered a blue screen of death (it sometimes happens if I leave too many tabs open, let my computer go into sleep mode then reactivate it), while I’ve had other BSODs, they never caused this issue before.

Hi @Wojnicz

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Brave. Can you please go to brave://crashes and

  • if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID

Thank you.

Are the IDs these numbers? That’s not how the page calls them, but they’re the only ones I see:
c57b0f09-6894-4244-b524-1f3e8b388019
58953e25-b4a4-41d9-b662-6c5ed693b504
51d70d8d-5f97-4515-8ed2-bdec4d8aa0e2
ac9c6b1a-b647-4c59-a189-9cb719f6645b
61171ce6-0d8c-4d37-b12a-b50feba75b70
e97a6356-8db2-4a3b-8047-b3af8c041836
1b4143da-7e25-4ffc-8095-2dbef327e828
2a66e6e2-80f1-4d0c-a94f-2fcdf9cf9968
49a1211a-bd55-422e-b6ec-9a3b8f376054
c0c66731-754a-481a-a04e-8fcc5674c909
00ebec60-3f33-4593-99d0-62a690239255
cdc9cd45-1a79-46fd-a24f-ce4cfd0fb326
eda109fe-3d30-42f5-84e4-f49f3357ec2e
bb07c984-3526-4162-b20d-f97844ecb879
8e8e873a-2913-473a-8d50-0f32dcb8a2a5
f16acb48-0350-477b-ab99-3ac1e2c8fc18
06774a1c-d337-446c-b801-ea7f757f2af1
bc563355-7fa1-4b67-a9d0-7341edf5669f
28403bdb-cd2b-4468-972d-725e305d9afe
a972b569-4971-4dc7-b276-25d200170438
e55353ce-2625-4779-a112-19086d31fad8

I just tried turning every extension off (first one by one, them all of them simultaneously), and the crash still occurs.

I just tried all three, the crash still occurs.

No, wait, I got the IDs:
ad520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
a8520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
a6520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
9e520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
9d520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
9b520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
98520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
97520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
94520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
92520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
91520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
8e520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
8b520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
89520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
87520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
84520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
83520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
82520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
80520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
7f520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000
7e520600-2ad7-6b09-0000-000000000000

Looks like the problem is now solved, I can access the website again. Thank you very much!