Brave Browser crashing immediately after attempting to open

Every time I open my brave browser it fails to load the page and closes itself almost immediately, with the only thing I see it sometimes a transparent screen briefly or just plain white briefly. I’ve tried to re-install brave, I’ve tried the beta version which resulted in being open for about 5 seconds the first time after instillation, then does the same thing as before. I’ve tried to type in under properties using the " --disable-brave-sync" " --disable-gpu". and other similar things. I’ve tried renaming the folder to something like bravesftware-old.

This happens every time I try to open the browser so its pretty replicable.

I also have the newest version of brave and have also tried everything on the beta as well.

I don’t know if this is relevant but I am using a Lenovo machine with Windows11(64bit).

Hello @NagloKehn

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Can you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID

Thank you.

I can’t open brave to get to those settings. It closes immediately after trying to open the browser.

Hi again! @NagloKehn

Thanks for your reply. Could you kindly try to install the Beta or Nightly version of Brave one more time to see if the issue persist?

Be waiting for your response!

@Alice2095
I just tried both and they resulted in the same exact issue.

Here is a short video of the problem and what is happening. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BfIQxnr5TfdiU_L9OcVYmLRXCOL1kf3e/view?usp=share_link

Hi @NagloKehn

Thanks for the information, I’ve shared this with our team and I’m waiting for further information on the matter. Once our team has answers, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards!

@NagloKehn,
Is it possible that it is being blocked by your anti-virus software? Can you check and see if any items were blocked? Can you download Chrome temporarily and check to see if you get the same results?

@Mattches
Thanks for reaching out!
I downloaded chrome and I got the same results. Surprisingly Firefox is also giving me the same issue.

Windows defender reported no blocked programs.

I am going to try to reinstall windows and see if that fixes the problem.

After wiping my PC, turns out the problem was Microsofy family content filtering setting were automatically blocking all broswers exept microsoft edge.

I appreciate you for taking the time for helping me out. Sorry for all the troubles! Have a great rest of your day.

1 Like

Thank you for the update — glad you were able to find and resolve the issue.

Have a wonderful day.