Brave closes/crash when i open it

Help i just installed brave but when i open it Closses After 2 Seconds! I’m Sure It is not frozen because The Browser Works Those Two Seconds. I tried to reinstall but nothing!

I use windows 10 x64bits

2 Likes

Same here cant open it, just started tonight

2 Likes

Same problem, I really want to use Brave, but I don’t know how to fix (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)

3 Likes

Sometimes it doesnt open up unless I end the task from task manager

Thank you all for reporting.
When the browser crashes, does a crash incident window appear when the browser closes? Additionally, can you try launching the browser in a private window first/initially? Does it still crash in the same way?

My Brave seem to be “Leaking Memory” preventing me from getting onto sites now…additionally…it is IMPOSSIBLE to un-install…I keep getting the “Close all Brave Tabs” when I try. Malware…that’s what this is. The second you install it, you’re stuck with it because SOMETING is open in the background…clearly collecting data.

Brave has been broken of late. Freezes and crashes every now and then. I will leave it open to check another app to find the browser has randomly crashed in the background.

I take a screenshot before Brave closing, I just click Allow

And yeah, i can open a private window, but it closes at the same time on the normal window

(Sorry my native language is spanish and my english somtimes fail)

@fabrizioXDY,
Can you please try the following solution taken from an older issue and see if disabling Hardware Acceleration resolves the issue?

1. Find the shortcut for Brave (generally on Desktop), right-click and select Properties from the context menu.
  2. Click into the “Target” field, and type --disable-gpu at the end of the path. Note that you must type this outside of the quotes with a space between the flag and quotes . It should look something like this:

1. Click Apply then OK then open the modified shortcut you just created.
  2. Assuming this worked and you’re able to view Brave, open the main menu on the top-right
  3. Navigate to Settings --> Advanced --> System --> Hardware Acceleration
  4. Ensure this option is off. If not, toggle it off and relaunch:

1. Now, return to the modified shortcut, remove the --disable-gpu flag from the Target path and launch Brave using that shortcut.

I already did it but still keeps closing :frowning:

@fabrizioXDY,
You did the above exactly? Can you try alternatively launching the browser from the command line. In Windows, type cmd into the search bar, open the command line terminal and enter the following command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe" --disable-gpu

I do that but brave closes before it load

(I change the location because Brave.exe was In ¨"Program Files"

)

@fabrizioXDY,
Thank you for testing. I have one more thing to test before I reach out to the team to get more eyes on this – would you mind downloading our Beta browser and test to see if it also closes? Note that downloading/installing/running the Beta will not interfere with your current installation (they will run in parallel, as separate browsers).

Brave beta also closes when i open it. same :frowning:

@fabrizioXDY,
Thank you for testing all that.
I’m wondering if you would be willing to hop on a call with me and another team member for a screen share so we can go through some additional debugging steps live? If so please let me know asap and we can set up a time to do so.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.