Transferring rewards to new Brave Wallet

Hi, guys!
In regard to the new brave.com/wallet, that I installed recently, could you tell, is it possible to get Brave rewards directly to my browser wallet, without automatic transferring to Uphold? At least could you add the option to choose where I want my rewards to be transferred?
Are you going to add to wallet support for the L2 solutions(Zk-sync, Optimism, Arbitrum, Polygon, etc.)soon or in the near future?

3 Likes

Yes same question here, and to be honest I think a non-tech savvy user would assume the Brave Rewards would go directly into the Brave Wallet that’s built into the browser.

I can understand why it doesn’t, but that should be something addressed upfront, I had to do some googling to realize the rewards are stored separately, and to further the confusion when we go to “verify wallet” in Rewards, we’re only provided options for Uphold and Gemini…

Quite honestly this feels like it’s setup to purposely confuse the users? LOL :laughing: :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do appreciate and love all the work, please take this as a light-hearted jest :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

I can understand why it doesn’t

Why doesn’t it? :thinking:

I have been using brave for a month and received my first rewards a couple days ago. I was excited to try out dapps with my new coins but I found that my wallet was still empty :sweat:

Where are rewards stored if not in a wallet?

The FAQ page seems to indicate that a brave wallet can be funded with brave rewards:

Also the wallet page indicates this is possible:

I still haven’t figured out how :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello everyone. I’m Ani from the Wallet Engineering team.

Please note that Brave Rewards and Brave Wallet are two separate products. I get that users expect the BAT earned in Brave Rewards to automatically show up in Brave Wallet, but we can’t do that just yet because of regulation. Having said that, the only way to transfer earned BAT to the browser wallet is via one of our custody partners: Brave Rewards → Uphold/Gemini → Brave Wallet

Are you going to add to wallet support for the L2 solutions(Zk-sync, Optimism, Arbitrum, Polygon, etc.)soon or in the near future?

We already support Optimism, Arbitrum, and Polygon in Brave Wallet, but as I mentioned above, we currently don’t allow direct on-chain transfers of the BAT earned in Brave Rewards.

In the future, we’ll work towards improving the UX of Rewards + Wallet to offer a unified interface that eliminates this confusion altogether. Hope it answers your questions. I will reach out to our team maintaining the FAQ section to make the wording clearer.

3 Likes