Transfering Brave-Gemini from a laptop to another

Hello.

My country, Brazil, has dropped out of Gemini’s list of countries. However, as my registration was valid before the change, my rewards continue to be sent to my account normally.

The fact is that the laptop on which Brave is installed has a problem, and I bought another one to replace it. I did the sync process and everything worked fine, but here comes the problem: I can’t connect my Gemini account to the new laptop’s Brave because I get a message that Gemini is “currently unavailable” in my region.

The older computer is still working, but I need to move everything over to the new one, including my Brave-Gemini environment. How can I do this?

Answers about situation:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? Old laptop: Windows 10 and Brave v1.57.49. New laptop: Windows 11 and Brave v1.57.49.

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no) Yes.

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile? 8 Jan 2022.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes in the past, no nowadays (Brazil), but Gemini IS verified in my old laptop and works fine.

Thanks.

@claytom well, Gemini is currently down for everyone right now due to a technical issue. But moving on from that:

There is no official way to move over to another browser.

Unofficially you MIGHT be able to get it to work by moving your \brave-browser folder from your old laptop over to your new one. For your new one, you would want to make sure Rewards hasn’t been enabled. If it has, you’ll need to reset Rewards. Then replace it with \brave-browser or at least just the User Data portion of that. There’s a small chance it will retain its connection to Gemini. If you do this, make sure you don’t use the old one because otherwise it can see two of the same Rewards profile online and think you’re trying to commit fraud.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.