Issue with Brave Rewards integration to Gemini

Briefly describe your issue: I need help in fixing the issue with my Brave Rewards not getting transferred to my Gemini wallet since January 2022

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1586) | Brave Version 1.36.112 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no): Yes, it is verified. I received some payments from my other browsers last January but after that it stopped.

What date did you verify your wallet?: January 10, 2022 4:00 PM GMT+8

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?: Yes, I already received initial payments from my two secondary computers on January 10th and February 9th but after that, it also stopped. On my primary computer, I never received any payment since verifying my account at Gemini on January 10, 2022.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no): No

Are you in a supported region?: Yes, Philippines.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? Not applicable, I am only using Windows 10 computers.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??: Yes, I manually turned off Auto-contribute on all my devices linked to Gemini long time ago.

according to braves site your region is only supported for creator tipping, I don’t think you can link to gemini or uphold.

But why did it work in January for all my three computers and February for two of my computers? If that is indeed the case, I’m interested to know why only two countries are singled out (Philippines and Vietnam) and not able to participate in this program.

high incidents of fraud.

Alright, thanks for the information, @lowner. This is very helpful.

Sorry, but for me this is another case of a biased decision based on the actions of a few bad actors. Instead of targeting an entire country, why not make the platform more resilient against fraud and put anti-fraud mechanisms in place? Anyway, this is out of topic here already. I just voiced out my concerns. It’s time for me then to stop using Brave Rewards and disable all kinds of ads here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.