New PC, Reconnecting Gemini issues

Saw another post where it “should be working on the backend” for them even though they can’t connect. Just curious if there is something I can do to make the new PC work (I still have access to the old one)

Briefly describe your issue:
Built a new PC. I installed Brave (it did launch after install, but closed it), and copied over the entire User Data folder (renamed the one the installer created) from the old PC (that was the only thing in the Brave-Browser folder). Launched, had all my bookmarks and such. Went to the wallet page and used my passphrase to reconnect my Brave Wallet. When I go to Connect Account on rewards, Gemini is still grayed out. I’ve had Gemini for a while and had plenty of rewards go to it over the past year or more. Still works on the old PC. Is there something else I need to copy over?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10
Version 1.64.109 Chromium: 123.0.6312.58 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
it was on the old pc

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?
I don’t know, I’ve had it at least a couple years I think.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
I was (I’m in the US)

Ended up submitting a ticket for this.

Probably the best thing you can do. Main issue here is that Gemini isn’t supported for new devices/profiles. I know in the past it would/could transfer your Rewards over if you replaced the User Data or \Brave-browser folders prior to opening Brave. But not sure if it still works that way. Also know that they would have generally needed to be the same version of Brave.

Guess might be interesting to see what you can find out.

Btw, in terms of this, you might have a workaround as long as it acknowledges your Rewards profile as being previously connected. Go to brave://flags and turn on Always show Brave Rewards custodial connection options. It will allow you to attempt to login, but as stated, it won’t let you connect if that Rewards profile hadn’t previously been linked.

1 Like

The flag did the trick, it’s now connected. Thank you so much!

1 Like