"This page isn’t working" "HTTP ERROR 400" for specific site(s)?

I get this error on boardgamegeek.com, and only this site that I’ve noticed. I’m able to pull it up initially and click through to several pages but then all of a sudden when I click on another link I get this error. It seems to be a random number of clicks. Sometimes it’s 2 other times it’s 6 or 7? The only way to fix it is to completely close Brave and reopen it. Then it does the same thing, works for a few clicks and then back to this error.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open boardgamemgeek.com
  2. Click on links
  3. Eventually you get this error message

Brave Version( check About Brave):

About Brave v 1.29.81

Additional Information:
Tried to reproduce this on Safari to see if it was a problem with the site but it worked fine. Also tried to reproduce in private mode and it seems to be working fine there as well. The only extensions I have installed that might be causing this kind of issue are https everywhere and uBlock origin. Disabling them doesn’t change the behavior. I’ve used brave ad those extensions for years (?).

Https everywhere isn’t needed, since its builtin into shields. Is Secure DNS enabled?

Is Secure DNS enabled?

Yes.

Does it help if you disable this?

Nope, same behavior.

I’ll check later 1:30am here., much maybe test in a clean profile? The site looks fine here, all the links work.

Yeah it looks like a clean profile is working fine. The question is where do I go from here? Can I copy my bookmarks to the new profile and just use that going forward? I’ll do some digging. Thanks for your help!

All the settings are in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default which you can copy over like bookmarks etc.

Thanks, I’m on a mac :slight_smile:
I was able to google where the files are. I got the bookmarks and passwords copied over but the only think left on the old profile is the BAT. From what I’ve read, there is no way of transferring that over to the new profile correct?

Wouldn’t be too sure regarding BAT, as long as you backup your existing profile (similar to the folder in windows) you should be okay.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.