Brave Browser fails on the Forbes wesite links at thr top of the page

• Go to the Forbes website www.Forbes.com
  • Click on any of the links under the black title header
  • Message appears:

This page isn’t working
If the problem continues, contact the site owner.
HTTP ERROR 413

• If you right click and say open in a new page, the page is viewed
    -linkls work in other browsers

@heptigb I’m not having this issue. Only thing I did end up getting at point is just the notice on the bottom that I have seen 1 of 4 free articles. But everything loads.

It might be helpful for you to provide the following info:

• Which OS are you using? (you have tag for Windows, but is it 7, 8, 10, or 11?)

• Which version of Brave are you using? (don’t just say “the latest,” but provide actual version number)

• Have you tried in Private Window?

• Can you try in a new browse profile? (Hamburger Menu imageMore ToolsAdd New Profile)

• Are you using any extensions?

• Are you using a vpn or proxy? If so, try to disable and see if anything changes.

to respond to your questions:

-error is
This page isn’t working
If the problem continues, contact the site owner.
HTTP ERROR 413

• I f I right key the mouse and open in a private window that works
    this shouldnt be necessary should it?

• There are no extensions

• standard connection no VPNs etc

Thanks for you response!

@heptigb We ask you to test in a private window because it’s a troubleshooting step.

Private window opens a new window with no cookies and with all extensions disabled. So if it works in a private window, it helps narrow down the issue to be either cookies or extension.

I also asked you to try in a new profile as it helps to confirm similarly. New profile creates a second profile with default settings, no cookies, and no extensions installed. So it’s one step “cleaner.”

It’s all about trying to narrow down possible causes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.