Brave on Mac doesn't work. Content of pages not visible , login issues!

Description of the issue: I Switched to brave for Mac but am unable to login anywhere. For mail it says it is a bad request and shows me error 400. For YouTube it leads me to an oops page. I am unable to login on any website. There is a website I use to play chess called lichess.org. I cannot login there nor am I able to use it in the offline mode

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

**Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):**I have the latest version of Brave and have Mac version Big Sur 11.5.1

Additional Information:

Try the following:

1. Open brave://settings/clearBrowserData via the address bar.
  2. Click on Advanced.
  3. Time rangeAll time.
  4. Select Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files, Site and Shields Settings.
  5. Click on Clear data.

I tried the thing but it Doesn’t work! What to do now?

Have you installed any extensions?

No sir!
There are no extensions

Very weird.

Open any of the affected websites → click on the Brave Shields icon in the address bar → disable Brave Shields via the toggle at the top of the window. Does that resolve the issue?

I can login now but does that mean I will have to disable shields on all sites to work?

Also, will disabling shields lead to more ads and what is the fix for it?

Ehm, let’s see why Brave Shields behave like that.

Please, enable Brave Shields via the address bar icon and take a screenshot of the window.

Done!

Click on Advanced View and take a screenshot again so I can see the configuration of Brave Shields. Sorry, should’ve mentioned it in my previous comment.

I don’t see an obvious reason as why Brave Shields block the logging functionality. My only guess is that the website uses cross-site cookies when users sign in, which Brave Shields block.

Are you still experiencing issues on YouTube and that mail when Brave Shields is enabled?

yes, as soon as I enable them the page reloads and breaks

That happens on both YouTube and that mail when Brave Shields is enabled, correct?

One every website as a matter of fact. This website lichess.org displayed on the ss, breaks without signing in

YouTube works fine without logging in if shields are enabled

Very weird. Your Brave Shields configuration is set to Standard which is the most web compatibility-friendly mode.

I would like you to take 2 screenshots again.

1. Go to brave://settings/shields and take a screenshot.
  2. Go to brave://adblock and take a screenshot.

![Screenshot 2021-08-08 at 11.21.46 AM|690x387](upload://gO

tzwSlZBvT8tIecFLhlJvNoR4F.png)

Ehhh, apologies → brave://settings/shields.