Terrible Buffering

This has been happening for a while but it usually solves itself. But not at the moment. The browser is having a really bad problem with connection or something (IDK) for some reason. All videos and streams are buffering. Don’t quote me on this but it seems that after every update it does this. I updated Brave last night and it was buffering but didn’t think anything of it. But since I got back on (~9am) its still buffering.

Version 1.63.174 Chromium: 122.0.6261.128 (Official Build) (64-bit)

At one moment. (from Twitch)
Capture3

Then
Capture4

And on YouTube
Capture7

And I know its just the browser because on Microsoft Edge everything works fine and at the same time I’m playing War Thunder or Helldivers with no issues.

(Microsoft Edge, everything works)
Capture2

Since last post I cleared my cookies, restarted my router, restarted my pc, closed all but one tab and none of it worked. I made a fresh re-install of windows and reinstalled everything and that seemed to work.

Till last night when I made a windows update and again its buffering.

Sorry — to confirm, you’re saying that after every Windows update, this issue occurs? If so, what version of Windows is that that you’re running?

Current Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4170)

Yea, pretty much. While checking the version just now there was an update windows made and the buffering is still happening. Even with just two streams open at 160p.

I would try disabling Hardware Acceleration and test to see if that makes any difference (Settings --> System --> Hardware acceleration).

Might also be due to an extension you have installed — if you create a new browser profile (Menu --> More tools --> Add profile) do you see the issue there as well?

So the Hardware acceleration was the problem. Usually a other profile is really slow on loading or on downloads so I’m gonna check if the Hardware acceleration is also the problem.

1 Like

That also fixed the slow loading and downloads on the other brave profiles.

Thank you.

1 Like

A good thing also I’ve noticed with all these tabs with video and audio playing. In relation to my other thread Multiple Tab’s Audio Playing Through One Tab , I’ve noticed all the audio is playing in there respective tab and not all in one tab.

Glad that did the trick! Have a great day

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.