Multiple Tab's Audio Playing Through One Tab

When I have multiple tabs open that have audio playing, which ever tab was opened first (*I’ll refer to it as the main tab) it plays all the audio from the other tabs loaded after it.
tabs (all of these tabs are playing audio)
In most instances I have multiple tabs of Twitch open. Then when I close the main tab the tabs quit playing video and audio. Then I need to close and reopen new tabs to get it to play video and audio. Reloading the tab doesn’t work for some reason. But then it does the same thing again, which ever tab was opened fist, it plays all the audio from the other tabs loaded after it.

So far I’ve also noticed this happening with YouTube also.

How to reproduce.

1. Open website with videos. (Twitch, YouTube, Etc…)
  2. Open multiple tabs that have a media source.
  3. Load the tabs to have videos play.

Expected result: The first tab to be loaded will play all the audio from the tabs loaded after it.

Version 1.63.169 Chromium: 122.0.6261.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have the Volume Master extension but I don’t think its what is causing the issue since I removed it and the issue still happens.

2 Likes

tabs1

It appears that this is not just a website specific issue. I just tried with Twitter and it also happens with it to.

1 Like

Bump. Yep, they’re aware. Issue on Windows & MacOS. Someone incorrectly said it was fixed, so that Windows thread was prematurely closed, but then I was soon proven right. Still not working properly on either OS. Last I saw, Stephen is looking into it.

Wouldn’t say that. Person who originally posted had it resolved for them. Since other topics with similar issue were opened, it’s better to transition to that. The default settings for this site triggers notifications as people respond on topics they created. So if really was resolved for them, didn’t want them to keep getting emails and/or site notifications about other people having problems.

But yeah, everyone is looking into it and working on the problem. Unfortunately I’m not looped in on internal dialog so not sure of their progress. What’s really confusing though is like, @NotAgain, didn’t you say this issue isn’t happening with you on YouTube but it was just some of the other sites? But then people like @easel1 are saying it’s happening on YouTube. Probably be a lot easier to diagnose and fix if was a lot in common.

Another person before me replied saying it wasn’t resolved, I agreed, but that thread was closed early & someone else ended up creating a new thread. I agree, the issue is happening across both systems, across a variety of websites, & threads date back years, so definitely something to work on.

Ya, I only realized that this is a known issue after I posted this. I’ve had this problem for a while and only now decided to figure out where to report it and/or post it.

1 Like

Yeah, all good. I know sometimes people struggle to think to Search Before Posting or might just not hit the proper terms where it’s hard to find. Primary topics where conversation is happening on this are going to be Issue with Audio Linking Across Multiple Tabs. Unable to Independently Mute Tabs and Unable to mute browser tabs after recent update

With the Github for the issue at https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/36398

1 Like

For me the issue has been consistently happening on Twitch but intermittently on Youtube. Some times it works fine, other times it’s broken like on Twitch.

Oh ya, I guess I should also mention that I was using the Beta build before switching to the normal stable build. The Beta build was also having this issue so I thought it was just a Beta thing. Turns out no. I was using the Beta because Twitch was giving me a error saying the normal stable build wasn’t supported.

When I was migrating everything to the stable build I was able to login to Twitch but one of the other profiles I had open gave me the unsupported error. But everything is working at the moment so I don’t really know what to do with that information.

I’m on MacOS, but obviously there are unresolved issues on both systems. There seems to be less of a consistency across users with the websites of big corporate brands (Amazon, Youtube, Twitch, etc.) and more of an issue with run of the mill streaming sites supporting sports, movies, & tv. Given threads dating back years, at least they’re working on it more diligently for both systems this time around.

This is happening to mine as well… It’s impossible to mute sites with annoying audio ads now. Are brave devs having some serious internal issues lately with themselves?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.