When streaming YouTube videos on one Brave window while surfing pages in another Brave window, YouTube videos have performance/buffering issues when loading new pages.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Open Brave and go to YouTube, start streaming a video.
- Open a second tab and then drag that tab out as a new window.
- Continue surfing on the second window, with the YouTube video continuing to play in the original window.
- As you transition to new sites, I notice the YouTube stream stuttering a bit and then occasionally it will stop to buffer.
- If I surf websites on another Browser (Edge,Chrome) while a streaming YouTube on a Brave browser window, I do not have this issue.
I’m on Gigabit hardwire, averaging about 750-850Mbps, and this issue has happened on many different occasions. I would expect YouTube streams to not have this issue. I normally don’t have it with other browsers
Version 1.44.108 Chromium 106.0.5249.103