Video Stuttering/Buffering in Brave but not Edge

Description of the issue: Video stutters/buffers/doesn’t play smoothly in Brave browser. Same sites/videos play without issue in Edge

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Load up a demanding video – for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzLrDRAMaAo
  2. Set the video to the highest resolution possible (4k60fps).
  3. Attempt to watch.

**Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

1. The video will stutter, buffer/load every few seconds, it is unwatchable.

**Expected result:

1. Video should play as anticipated, as normal without constant buffering/interruption**

**Reproduces how often:

1. Consistently – I’ve been able to reproduce this every time I load videos like this. **

**Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.49.132 Chromium: 111.0.5563.147 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 11 22H2 - 22621.1413

**Additional Information:
I started noticing this happening on Twitch and thought it was my connection… it is not. Speed tests are consistently above 150Mbps and Ping and Jitter are well within reason.
I switched to YouTube for testing for consistent quality and bandwidth.
I’ve tried resetting all the brave://flags.
I’ve tried Brave in a Private Window. I get the same result – stuttering, buffering, and loading every few seconds. Watching in Task Manager, the network speeds will spike and drop.

If I watch the same sites/videos in Microsoft Edge, they play butter smooth. So the issue must be in the browser or my config or plugins and not the machine itself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.