Sync multiple profiles

@ppo @baronne @TrailBlazer31

Not sure if this has been solved yet (probs not) and Brave’s user doc on this feature is a bit too obtuse to tell. (Literally says nothing about profiles at all.) It’s probably not tightly scoped enough feature request for individuals (especially less than savvy users) to really sink their mental-modeling teeth into. There’s multiple low vote feature requests on the community forum and that leads to obfuscation of intent and direction. So many people use Profiles, but not so many people understand the power of sync, outside of what the BIG 3 already provide through their OS-coupled and tightly controlled ecosystems. If it’s not going to be easy enough for the “regular” user, business will never allocate resources to see it through.

I would suggest seeing if you can get consolidation from other requests to garner votes in a single request instead of spreading them out on “similar” ones. Here’s a few.

I too see this as a serious hole in the Brave system for Customer eXperience on the whole. I’d be happy to see a more robust (settings, extensions, etc.) sync mechanism, but separated sync per-profile would be a great step. A single “parent” profile to rule a specific users “other” profiles seems like a pretty big lift and not a big reward.

Regards.

1 Like