Remove metamask connection or reset wallet

Hi-ho

I have just link my metamask account to my brave wallet, and created an account… for no use… the brave wallet is not accepted yet on most websites;

can i remove the metamask link and the acount I’ve created? then re-create an account with nothing in it?? It’s frigthening not to be able to remove a created account…

thanks so much if you help me reset!!!

ps: the reset wallet button in settings does not work…

There is no concept of linking MetaMask to Brave Wallet. I think maybe you imported your seed from MetaMask into Brave Wallet.
Could you explain what you mean by “reset wallet button in settings does not work”? Does it ask you to reset and then ask you to type Yes to confirm? And then when you go to brave://wallet does it have a new setup? If so, then it is working.

By the way you can select to use MetaMask on any dapp and it should work with Brave Wallet.

Yes, I have linked my metamask wallet to my brave wallet. How do I unlink?

Btw I did ask to reset, confirmed, but my metamask wallet is still connected. That’s the only thing I see and that’s really bad!!!

Probably it did reset my brave rewards though, I don’t see any.

I will try to use brave when accepted by some dapps, for the time being this wallet is useless so I don’t want my actual funds visible in it

thanks!

yes I can confirm, the only thing I can do is losing my brave rewards… but they are not connected to the brave wallet, right? they must be synced to yet another wallet (gemini)

thanks for helping out

The Rewards team is working on Rewards sync for moving Rewards, but that’s not available yet. Note that is completely separate and independent from the self custody wallet at brave://wallet.

so we just earn rewards and lose them out everytime we clean up our navigator history??

what about kiling the connection to metamask?
I love the browser, but so far hate the wallet :wink:

There is no such thing as a connection to MetaMask. You can use MetaMask in Brave Wallet.

I have same issue

I like small window metamask on the right site and manage this. Also i get pop up buton to connect metamask with brave wallet. I thought it will be just as a option. Now my metamask not working - its disappeared. when i click extension - they ask me to open new wallet or import my security phrase - i get scared. help guys. I need access to my NFT and coins

Please post a screenshot, thank you.

how can I make brave wallet forget about metamask altogether?
my account is “linked” and I so much hate that!!!

1 Like

maybe I should reset my brave wallet then?
in any case I do not see my brave rewards in there, so I do not get the point of this wallet at all…
what site can connect with it??

You are not alone.

Brave should never interfere and combine additional programs. He should give options as a choice and convince with arguments to use it.

When Brave connected my Metamask to his Wallet then I went mad with anger, I had to waste another 3 hours trying to set everything up on another computer. and I don’t know if I can log in anyway. there is so much hack I need to put on a new metamask. BRAVE introduced me to this uncertainty.

General - I love you BRAVE - it’s great - but don’t mix our apps with Brave - please

How to disconnect metamask from brave we are waiting for instructions

how can I make brave wallet forget about metamask altogether?
my account is “linked” and I so much hate that!!!

As mentioned above, there is no concept of linking Brave Wallet to MetaMask. Please see the above messages.

maybe I should reset my brave wallet then?
in any case I do not see my brave rewards in there, so I do not get the point of this wallet at all…
what site can connect with it??

Brave Wallet is not related to Brave Rewards.
Brave Wallet is a self custody wallet.
Brave Rewards is for ad revenue share, fore regulatory reasons, they cannot go to your self custody Brave Wallet.

Also i get pop up buton to connect metamask with brave wallet

Could you please take a screenshot?

When Brave connected my Metamask to his Wallet

I think there is some confusion because you can’t connect MetaMask and Brave Wallet. You can import your seed phrase from MetaMask to Brave Wallet but there’s no connection whatsoever.

sorry, what is brave wallet again? where can we use it? and can I reset it then???

I agree, do your experiment with the brave wallet but please don’t interfere with out trusted apps such as metamask

at least not as long as you it’s not solid!

Brave Wallet is in brave://wallet and in the wallet icon on the top right.
As noted a bunch of times above, Brave Wallet is 100% independent to MetaMask and does not interact with it. If you want to reset Brave Wallet you can do so in brave://settings/wallet but this will have no effect on MetaMask, because they are unrelated wallets.

It is possible MetaMask runs into bugs. And this can happen in both Brave and Chrome. But if MetaMask runs into a bug in Brave, it is not because of Brave, it is just a coincidence that it is running in Brave.

I’m going to close this thread because you are not interpreting messages being posted and are not providing any extra information.