New brave wallet canceled any connections i had with dApps on metamask

Description of the issue: Tried the new Brave wallet I clicked on “get started” not only did it not link any of my accounts but it even canceled any dApps connections I had on metamask. Now I just want to get rid of it and even after I do I cant connect metamask anywhere, there’s no more popups or anything. God, even firebird cant connect.

Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?
Yes and it completely ruined everything, like literally the worst-case scenario, just before wiping my accounts.

How can this issue be reproduced? Click on “Get started” Tadaaaa no more promps from any website. Great stuff

Brave Version (check About Brave):

Additional Information: I just want to delete the damn thing

@mephistos,
Did you attempt to import your metamask data when you created the wallet or was it a new fresh wallet? Additionally, can you try going to Settings --> Wallet and change your preferred crypto wallet back to Metamask?

I did all of that, Nothing works.

Envoyé à partir de Courrier pour Windows

So none of those settings allow your MM to interface with dapps?

No, its like both wallets just said fuckoff

-------- Message d’origine --------

If you go to brave://settings/wallet and select “Brave Wallet (Prefer Extension)” it should work with MetaMask. But if you still have a problem (unexpected) you can set your default wallet to None and that will make Brave do nothing with the Wallet.

Please do use a new tab when changing that setting as it will not work with an already opened tab.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.