"Region not supported" in supported region

Briefly describe your issue:
After working perfectly before, I now get a message “Region not supported” when trying to link with my Uphold wallet. The issue is only on my laptop and not my other computer.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
macOS Monterey 12.5.1 / Brave Version 1.43.93 Chromium: 105.0.5195.127 (Official Build) (arm64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
Don’t remember

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements?
Yes

I have the same problem, I’m from Spain and my Uphold account if from Spain, I still get the “Region not supported” error

Issue that has been occurring with a lot of people is a mismatch between KYC. Uphold sometimes can be content with just updating the mailing address and submitting those documents, but Brave isn’t. What happens is the API communicates between Uphold and Brave about your information. The crazy part is Brave staff can’t access it, but the system does.

So what could be happening is it’s seeing your prior passport for whatever country you were in and it’s telling you it’s an unsupported region based on that. Unless/until that’s updated between their systems, you’ll likely have this problem.

Part of the reason for it is because it’s an extra layer of fraud protection. It’s easy to fake a mailing address but harder to get official government licenses/passport.

Whether you need to submit new passport/government ID from a prior country or you already did and Uphold may not have updated, you may want to check with them by doing a support ticket with Uphold at at https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/requests/new (according to their support article at https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043214052-How-to-update-your-information )

You always can try to reach out to Brave’s support as well, by doing a support ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 but Brave will be limited on what they can do if it’s something that needs changing on Uphold’s end.

I’m assuming you had your other computer linked after your laptop. Every 90-120 days or so, it gets disconnected and you have to log in again. They do this as an extra security measure, but also to limit the amount of “dead accounts” that get paid.

You didn’t mention which country you’re from, but chances are you live in an unsupported region or you had done your KYC with Uphold using a passport or photo ID from a country that currently is not supported. If it’s the latter, then you need to look at what @SmartyAadi mentioned in the comment/post above, as that’s your solution.

Other thing though, is making sure you’re from a country that is supported. Even today I had people in places like Egypt which is not supported claiming that they were. So I don’t like to make any assumptions. Make sure you’re checking links below and that your country is one of the ones listed as being supported for linking to Uphold or Gemini.

i am unable to verify too

Are you in a supported region?
Supported regions listed below →

yes i am in india which is in a supported region

Oh is it? India isn’t supported. I don’t know you even checked the page I shared with you to view supported regions for verification. You must’ve most probably checked if India is supported for Brave rewards Ads.
You can’t do much if India is unsupported right now. Brave is working on getting Brazil and India working again pretty soon though. I guess it’ll be 2 - 3 months from now but yea India should be back up working by then.

Also you can check for the updates at the PSA →
PSA - UNSUPPORTED REGIONS

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.