Getting "Region not supported" in supported region (Ireland)

Hi,

Im getting an error message now that my region is not supported and I cannot verify my uphold account. Can you please help me with this?

Regards
Kplc

Hey.
Have you completed your KYC/AML ?
If you recently moved from an Unsupported region to Ireland, you will have to do KYC with a Irish national document to prove you’re in Ireland.
Also if you are using a VPN, this could occur.

More details →
Issue that has been occurring with a lot of people is a mismatch between KYC. Uphold sometimes can be content with just updating the mailing address and submitting those documents, but Brave isn’t. What happens is the API communicates between Uphold and Brave about your information. The crazy part is Brave staff can’t access it, but the system does.

So what could be happening is it’s seeing your prior passport for whatever country you were in and it’s telling you it’s an unsupported region based on that. Unless/until that’s updated between their systems, you’ll likely have this problem.

Part of the reason for it is because it’s an extra layer of fraud protection. It’s easy to fake a mailing address but harder to get official government licenses/passport.

Whether you need to submit new passport/government ID from a prior country or you already did and Uphold may not have updated, you may want to check with them by doing a support ticket with Uphold at at https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 1 (according to their support article at https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043214052-How-to-update-your-information 1 )

You always can try to reach out to Brave’s support as well, by doing a support ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 but Brave will be limited on what they can do if it’s something that needs changing on Uphold’s end.

1 Like

@kplc SmartyAadi provided some links and info. The main thing I want to clarify with you if you might have ever had a passport or other ID from a different country that you submitted to Uphold?

If so, you need to update the information by contacting their support. Otherwise their API will report back to Brave that you’re not just in Ireland and it will show you the Region Not Supported message because it’s seeing your other country.

1 Like

What if I don’t have an Irish passport? I still live here, how can I change that? I’ve already spoken to Uphold to try reverify my account with a license or anything that is Irish but they didn’t allow me to. What can I do?

Not quite sure about this situation then. Probably nothing much you can do if Uphold denies to verify your account through any sorts of licenses…

You need to have Irish passport or official Ireland photo ID that meets their requirements. When you write to them, you’d advise that your information has changed and you need to update your KYC. They would then open up the link in your account for you to submit your documents and they would process it.

I’d be curious to see what you told them and what they told you, when you say they refuse to let you update. Could you copy/paste their reply that said they won’t permit you to update your info?

Damn, I removed Global ID from my UpHold account and Im getting the same message.

If brave don’t find solution to this, time to say good bye, with the last payments it doesn’t worth using their browser.

"We’re sorry for the misinformation.

Unfortunately we’re unable to update the nationality on your account with your ID. If you’d like you can contact Brave to see if it is possible to fix the issue on their side. The restriction was placed by them and only Brave can lift it."

That was what I was sent by Uphold Support.

Ah, so makes it sound like they are saying the ID may not be accepted for KYC through them. I’ll tag @steeven and @SaltyBanana though to see if either is available to try to work with you on it.

Hi @ScareCrxw

I just took a look at their site and it appears they accept the following below you can use to KYC/AML with them. However, if you are indeed using a valid form of identification like a drivers license then I’m not sure why they would reject your request?

I haven’t received my license yet so I tried using my learner permit which looks the same and has the same information on it, I’ll try again with it but I really wish I could do proof of residence instead since it would be easier. I’ve been living here for 5 years. I’ll have another look to do the KYC, thanks guys.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.