Uphold account region is in US, but still get not supported region error

Briefly describe your issue:
US is in the supported list. My uphold account is based on US and verified. But I still get the error of region not supported when trying to login in the brave browser.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
MacOS 12.5
Version 1.42.88 Chromium: 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
Uphold verified on Apr 22, 2022
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
No

Hi @stevenzyc, thanks for reporting. The documentation that you used to KYC with Uphold (Passport etc), was it issued in the USA?

So I am my non-US passport and SSN for the uphold account.

any update?
Why the valid SSN are not eligible ?

Because if you submitted non-US passport when you did the verification, then Uphold would have put that data in the system that you’re verified for that country. The API (computers) then relay that to Brave and it sees your region as where you submitted your passport.

Uphold would be content perhaps with other information, but it’s not what they report to Brave through the backend. So let’s pretend your passport is from India. Uphold is telling Brave you’re in India. So until you have United States identification given to them, you’ll not be seen as United States.

Because anyone can provide a SSN. Photo identification is required by federal governments. I mean, I can put a SSN to someone and pretend to be them. So AML (anti money laundering), KYC (know your customer), and other such things in place by governments to prevent fraud and crime mandate that they need more than “just a SSN” to prove who you are and where you live.

So if you haven’t already, you’ll want to get documentation and submit it to Uphold. Info on how to do that is in link(s) below.

Which then links you to submit a request at https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.