Region unsupported for UK - Uphold

Please ensure that you’ve read through the following topics/pages thoroughly before opening a topic as your question may have already been answered:

Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Briefly describe your issue: I had been able to connect to my uphold account. But now I am getting this region not supported. I am currently residing in UK and I believe it is in supported regions

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Mac OS Big Sur

**Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)**yes

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? yes

Picking up on key words here, I believe the issue is easy to grasp. Did you ever live outside of the UK? Perhaps you have a passport or other photo ID from outside the UK that you used when you did KYC with Uphold? If so, then that would be creating a mismatch between your information that Uphold is reporting to Brave.

Yes but what will be the resolution for this?

So it cant be solved ?. I got it updated on Uphold but still getting the same error.

Hi @Scorpy257

You will need to verify your Uphold account with identification that states you are residing in the UK.
Please see here for more: PSA: Supported Regions that are seeing "Region Not Supported" - #2

Hi @SaltyBanana I have already done that, provided them my residential proof as well as I see it has been updated under my Uphold account. But I am still getting this error of region not supported.

Thanks for confirming.

For your identification did you provide an UK Passport, National ID card, or Driver’s license?

Hi team,

I submitted the BRP card and the UK bank statement for residential proof.

Thanks,
Aravind

Not sure how long you sent that in. I know sometimes it can take a few days to a week for it to update and show on both sides. If you had just recently updated, try again here in a bit and see if it works.

If you have done it a while ago and still might have issues. then make sure to do two things.

1. Submit a Support Ticket here with Brave. Provide all the information they ask, such as Wallet Payment ID. Then also can help if you provide email associated with your Uphold account and/or your actual Uphold ID that you find at https://wallet.uphold.com/dashboard/settings/profile

2. Once you have that done, reply here with your Ticket Number that will get sent to you in your email.

I’m saying to do that because your ticket will at least appear in case anyone is able to work it, but then you’ll post here so @SaltyBanana can look into it themselves and track. Key part though is just trying to make sure you’ve provided as much information as possible so it whoever manages the ticket can try to contact Uphold and resolve things if need be.

Key thing is making sure you did indeed submit everything to show for United Kingdom. Also that your Profile matches the same information you provided, including making sure your address is put in with such details so that a person could send a letter to your residence if necessary.

I had already raised the ticket for this but it redirected me to the support page, also didnt receive any email.

You may not have submitted the ticket, had a typo in your communication, or the email got lost in your Spam/Junk folder. It automatically sends an email no matter which category you submit, though it seems only the Rewards/BAT category ticket will include a ticker number.

I tried it again and it redirected to the support page again. It gives a 302 http status.

1. request[ticket_form_id]:

2. request[anonymous_requester_email]: [email protected]

3. request[subject]: Unable to verify Brave rewards with Uphold

4. request[custom_fields][360039868571]: macos

5. request[custom_fields][360041052992]: ads_payout_issue

6. request[custom_fields][360040111552]: 1.44.105

7. request[custom_fields][1900005118147]: 212dea72-1eb5-4be6-8de8-6a6f529ae377

8. request[custom_fields][360051529491]: yes_-_verified_with_uphold

9. request[custom_fields][360051500832]: 2022-06-02

10. request[custom_fields][1900005157727]: yes

11. request[custom_fields][4662043736077]: United Kingdom

12. request[description]:

My current residence is United Kingdom and this has been updated in Uphold account (62f0157f-e986-4d84-951a-a366940389d1) following a support ticket in Brave. Region unsupported for UK - Uphold. The uphold team have updated my current residential address to UK as per my residential proof. But I am still getting an error of region not supported as show below when I try to verify my rewards with Uphold. Could you please help resolved this. “Error: region currently not supported Your Uphold account can’t be connected to your Brave Rewards profile at this time. Your Uphold account is registered in a country that’s not currently supported for connecting to Brave Rewards. See the current list of supported regions and learn more about connecting a custodial account to Brave Rewards.”

Apologies, it did send a email this time. Your case number for this ticket is 158161.

Has there been any progress on this since? If not, try to respond here and tag saltybanana and steeven (just add @ in front of their names).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.