Getting "Region not supported" in supported region (Spain)

Hello there! I just got KYC’ed on Uphold and I’m getting Region not Supported error. I have submitted Spanish Residence Permit and my KYC went just fine from first attempt. Can you please help me here?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Version 1.40.113 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
I’m getting my rewards in unferified wallet just fine, can’t withdraw it.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes. I’m in Spain

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Not on Android

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements?
Yes

Is your nationality Spanish? If not, then this is the source of the issue. What Brave is able to see is you country of birth, not the country of residence.

You need to contact Uphold and Brave support in order to fix the issue. Brave has no access to the all data, so they cannot really fix it without Uphold help.

Brave support can be contacted through the link below.

How long ago was this? And also just to verify, you’re saying the Residence Permit is still valid, is a photo ID, and is for Spain…right?

If you just recently did the KYC, it might take a while for it to update, especially if you had used other documentation from another country for KYC in the past.

You can also try to submit a Support Ticket if you’ve updated everything in your profile and the KYC to show you in Spain. When you do that, make sure you also put in details the email associated with your Uphold account. Brave is restricted in what they can see but might be able to contact Uphold and find out more details.

Hey Saoiray

Yes, all correct, residence permit is still valid. It is a photo ID, and I tried verifying the same day when I wrote this request initially. How long it would take to update? I just tried today and it still does not work, unfortunately…

I never KYC’ed for Brave or Uphold for any other country. You mentioned the support ticked, but I thought this is what I’m currently doing. Could you please send me the URL of where I should create support ticked to solve this problem? Thanks.

Not quite sure. I’d say try again here on Monday and see if it’s up.

Negative. This is Brave Community, which is a mixture of Users and Brave Support who try to answer questions and provide base level support. Anything for Rewards, especially regarding payment or so, needs to have a support ticket done as they need information that shouldn’t be shared publicly in order to assist.

If you’re talking about for Brave, I already did that in the post/comment you replied to. I put it in a hyperlink under the words support ticket.

If you’re talking about submitting to Uphold, then it’s https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.