Person's Logo in Brave's taskbar

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. Create a person 2. Look at the corner of the browser (image

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): image

Expected result: To be a option to not be shown this.

Reproduces how often: Always.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): Windows 1- Pro, the latest version of Brave

Additional Information: I hope I find a solution for this, is so annoying.

Hi, @Amnox. Do either of these address your issue or at least talk about the same icon?

No, I meant to hide it forever from there. I dont like it in the corner of the Brave’s logo.

@Amnox,
No way to do this at this time – this is the same for Chrome/Chromium as well. There may be a few hacky workarounds if you do some research but I’d suggest leaving this in the Feature Requests category :slight_smile:

This is in the hacky workaround category. Well, it would be if it had worked. :stuck_out_tongue:

It looked like the graphic was provided by a file “Google Profile.ico” at:
“C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\Google Profile.ico” (your profile folder may not be “Default” - look for most recently used).

I made a backup copy, then opened it in GIMP after downloading Brave icons from https://brave.com/brave-branding-assets/ and also opened the basic Brave lion SVG logo in GIMP. The ico file has 13 layers with the logo in a different size in each layer (256, 128, 96, 64, 48, 40, 32, 24, 22, 16, 14, 10, 8). I made all but the largest/last layer invisible, then, starting with the largest, I made sure the SVG lion was the same size as the target ico layer (scaling as necessary) and copied it to the clipboard, deleted the existing ico layer image by selecting all and hitting delete, pasting the lion into the layer, then anchoring it, hiding that layer, making the next one visible, selecting the now visible layer in the layer list to make it the target for editing, and repeating until all of the layers showed their respective sized new lions, then exported back to the ico file using Overwrite [file name].ico.
It worked as far as creating a new layered ico file, but Brave still uses the old image, so Windows or Brave must have it stored someplace else. Anyway, here’s the version of the Brave lion ico file I made using the above process if you’re curious.

It was kind of a huge waste of time, but at least I better understand the new version of GIMP and the ico file format. :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.