How to create new Brave Browser user profile thumbnail pics?

Description of the issue:
Cannot change profile icon to a custom icon or find a way to download alternative pack of profile icons.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Create new profile, and select option other than the colored and white hash mark designed globes that come stock with Brave.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Could not select any other options.

Expected result:
Was expecting to have an ‘upload custom’ icon option -or- ‘don’t see the icon you’re looking for check the downloadable packs for other profile icon options’

Reproduces how often:
Everytime, currently seen as unavailable.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Win10 64bit and 1.11.104 Brave

Additional Information:
I’ve been introducing people I’m close to, to the brave brave platform and helping them port over from chrome in a lot of instances. Most questions I’ve been able to find answers to in forums however one person I’m trying to port over that uses multiple profiles on a single local machine has a particular request of a function they want to keep of which I can’t find the answer.
One of the way’s they organize their profiles is by the pictures associated with the profile, atm Brave stock comes with a collection of different colored globes with white hash designs in them to choose form. I can’t seem to find any information related to uploaded a personalized set of .png files or anything of this nature.
They won’t switch unless they can keep their icons, I know this is a fairly niche request and issue and don’t expect a solution, however it is also an obvious end user request and barrier for at least one person to use Brave, which to me also says that there are other people who may have started and decided to go back to chrome due to this.
Which means maybe someone here has a workaround that is available, or a way to change this that is available, so I’m reaching out to the community.

@jc_harming,
Thank you for your detailed feedback.
At this time no, there’s no way to do this. However, we are always looking to enhance customization features for the browser/NTP so I don’t think this is out of the question for future releases.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I was curious.
Alternatively if you’re willing to talk about it are these icons stored on a local directory so is there a way to do it manually for this friend to onboard them.

*Yes I’m aware updates and other things could break this, however my thought is that if they try it and then go back to chrome they’ll like move to Brave on their own when the feature becomes available. They’re excited right now, and it could be a fun thing to explore together if there is a way to edit and add to the local directory to allow for this. Fun for both of us.

Any chance to get help over this?

Duplicated because I meant to send it as a reply.

This feature would be super useful for me. Where it would especially useful is in the Brave Lion Icon that appears in the taskbar (and in Groupy if you are so inclined…).

I found and edited this icon as C:\Users\myAcct\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Profile 1\Google Profile.ico

But it did not update the icon used by Brave for that account.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.