Profile picture (right corner)

Hello Brave developer team,
I would like to suggest a feature in your browser.
The people menu in the right corner, there is no way of making it a custom icon such as my Facebook profile picture.

2nd
Why don’t you make a brave-logo-option available? Your logo is gorgeous and i would like to use your logo as my browser profile picture.

Thanks

8 Likes

Hey,

I know that this is not the best solution, but if you really want to do this right now there is a little trick, I’m explaining it in this post:

For Mac OS the Brave folder should be located at

Users/<username>/Library/Application Support

And for linux at

/home/<username>/.config/

1 Like

@Marcel,
Interesting find!
It’s worth noting, however, that the profile feature/menu you’re referring to is very likely to be removed in a future update.
Just a heads up!

3 Likes

Oh - why? It’s useful…

2 Likes

I also would like to see this implemented, it shouldn’t be hard for the devs, if possible please give us an ETA. Voted. Thanks team

2 Likes

I would like this feature implemented - the profile icons are just awful. We should be able to use an image of choice for a profile icon.

1 Like

Any update on this? Looks like it’s still there & yet still can’t be edited either.

It is not possible to change the avatar using this trick. Any chance that will it be added in the future? If I know where the default images are, I would just change them.

Posting this in every relevant thread:

Until customizations is possible, why not A-Z and 0-9 avatars in various, and punctuation avatars while we’re at it ? In fact, I doubt I’d even care about customization if I could choose from letters, numbers, and punctuation avatars.

2 Likes

I can’t find this folder. There’s no “Avatars” folder under Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Brave-Browser

Just wanted to note that we do have an open issue for this feature currently on our Github:

2 Likes

Same issue : folder not found on my Mac.

Another, “not the best solution” solution is to

1. Get a screen capture displaying the desired avatar
  2. Save the screen capture to your avatar folder
  3. Edit the saved file of the screen captured, avatar image
  4. Get rid of everything but the avatar image in the file and save it
  5. Install the avatar in its upper right location

Yes, there’s potential problems because the screen capture will be really low resolution, but it was mentioned that this was not the best solution, but a possible workaround.

Warm regards.

D.P.

Where do I find avatr folder on Ubuntu?