Add additional Brave Browser user profile pics to choose from

Description of the issue:
Cannot change profile icon to a custom icon or find a way to download alternative pack of profile icons.
Update from Aug submission: How to create new Brave Browser user profile thumbnail pics?
Attempted to Apply this solution: Is it possible to have a custom photo in the profile icon in the top right of Brave? - #2 by Marcel

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/**Avatars**
No Avatars folder exists anymore - solution is not working

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Create new profile, and select option other than the colored and white hash mark designed globes that come stock with Brave.

Viewed github solution as it appears old profile icons can be carried over? Unclear - followed this solution as described
Attempted to Apply this solution: Is it possible to have a custom photo in the profile icon in the top right of Brave? - #2 by Marcel

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Could not select any other options.

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/**Avatars**
No Avatars folder exists anymore - solution is not working

Expected result:
Was expecting to have an ‘upload custom’ icon option -or- ‘don’t see the icon you’re looking for check the downloadable packs for other profile icon options’

Was expecting to find Avatars folder and impliment work around solution - no such folder exists.

Reproduces how often:
Everytime, currently seen as unavailable.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Win10 64bit and 1.22.70 Brave

Additional Information:
Standing Issue for Adoption
I’ve been introducing people I’m close to, to the brave brave platform and helping them port over from chrome in a lot of instances. Most questions I’ve been able to find answers to in forums however several persons I’m trying to port over that uses multiple profiles on a single local machine has a particular request of a function they want to keep of which I can’t find the answer.
One of the way’s they organize their profiles is by the pictures associated with the profile, atm Brave stock comes with a collection of different colored globes with white hash designs in them to choose form. I can’t seem to find any information related to uploaded a personalized set of .png files or anything of this nature.
They won’t switch unless they can keep their icons, I know this is a fairly niche request and issue and don’t expect a solution, however it is also an obvious end user request and barrier for at least one person to use Brave, which to me also says that there are other people who may have started and decided to go back to chrome due to this.
Which means maybe someone here has a workaround that is available, or a way to change this that is available, so I’m reaching out to the community.

I’m fine to do the legwork here to get them setup if I have to do it manually - just need a clear path, last known working work around was here. Is it possible to have a custom photo in the profile icon in the top right of Brave? - #2 by Marcel

No avatars folder though - help me get this setup for an entire office building that is asking me for a suggestion please.

1 Like

https://community.brave.com/t/is-it-possible-to-have-a-custom-photo-in-the-profile-icon-in-version-1-10-97/137608/2
Similar closed topic with no answer.

hi I made an account just to show my support for this issue being fixed. it’s been years and no official way of adding custom pictures to help with the organization of profiles? ridiculous. I’m almost ready to switch to something else and just hack ad blockers into it- at least you CAN do that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.