Password sync is broken on Android

Description of the issue:
Passwords are not syncing on Android device. I have been using Brave for a while now and I have multiple devices (PC, Mac, Android) on the sync chain. I have recently had to change my phone and although I have done this in the past, it is not working at the moment.

I have added my Android (Pixel 5 - Android 11) phone to the sync chain using the barcode from both Mac and Windows. On all devices, sync is for everything but I am not getting any passwords synced to my phone. I have uninstalled and installed Brave app on my phone multiple times and tried it from both my Mac and Windows (all devices including the Mac, Windows and the new phone have sync everything option on) and although bookmarks are getting synced, I am not getting passwords on my phone and there is no way of importing password on the mobile device.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Turn sync everything on on my Mac/Windows browser and also on the Android phone.
  2. Sync my phone using the barcode to Max/Windows
  3. It syncs bookmarks, but nothing else is synced. I don’t really care about history, but I really need the passwords to be synced.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Passwords are not synced and the password manager on Android device is empty

Expected result:
Passwords are synced to my Android phone

Reproduces how often:
I have synced my Android device using my Mac twice and once from my Windows computer. In all instances I have deleted the app from my phone and started the process from scratch, but nothing has worked

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave: latest at the time of this post
Version 1.68.128 Chromium: 127.0.6533.73 (Official Build) (arm64)

MacOs: Sonoma 14.5
Windows 11

Additional Information:
I have also went through most of the other threads regarding this issue and none of them helped me solve it

1 Like

@Khash what I didn’t see mentioned is if you’re able to turn on the Sync Everything or Passwords option from within Android? Basically, I’m wondering if your issue is related to the topic as spoken about at Can't turn on password sync or if you have a different problem

@Saoiray yes I am able to turn on Sync everything or customize it and turn on password from my sync option in the Android app. I actually have tried both of those options and neither worked

I am surprised to see that Brave is still being supported. Nothing seems to work any more.

My bookmarks are no longer syncing with android as well. I can get the initial sync working, after deleting the chain and starting over, but no other additions work. Additionally, when I look at the sync device list, this browser creates at least 30 entries for the pc, and 1 for the android.

The repeated toggling buttons is also getting annoying; downloads saving to the wrong path, scripts being blocked after turning off the options, and ect.

Dude, seriously, I am really surprised there is a support site for this browser.

I can’t turn on the switch, but it seems that an old sync state can synchronized with a new device. But no newer or current state will be synchronized.

Update…After a week without having any passwords synced to my phone, the passwords suddenly appeared on mobile device! It is working now, but this feature seems to be having some serious issues, i hope Brave fixes it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.