On Brave Ad for hours, Attention % never reached 100

I am a new user and am able to view Brave Ads, in a supported region (USA).

The issue is after clicking on the notification link to the Brave Ad, I was on the main ad page and noticed that the Attention percentage was very slow to accumulate. Tried refreshing the page to speed up the process, as well as scrolling up and down. This seemed to work better than just letting the ad page sit there.

In the end, after over 5 hours passed on that same ad page, the Attention percentage reached 96% and went no further.

Just want to know if there is a glitch/bug going on or if I did something wrong that could be corrected…

Thank you for taking the time to read this :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Brave 1.18.77 Chromium: 87.0.4280.101 (Official Build) (32-bit)
Revision 9407c80213cda69c2b7abcb4fa8e3f74488f4956-refs/branch-heads/4280@{#1807}
OS Android 5.0.2; SM-T530NU Build/LRX22G

? What is this never heard of it!

1 Like

Well this is strange…

As stated, I had just downloaded Brave browser and was trying this feature out.

In the “Rewards Summary” box there was a gray box that stated:
“This creator has not yet signed up to receive contributions from Brave users. Any tips you send will remain in your wallet until they verify.
Learn more.”

Under this box is where it had:
“Attention…50%”

If I had known this feature is not typically visible, there would be an image capture of it.

In looking to make sure that this would be a unique active topic, I came across this now dead issue thread:
“What is the difference of ‘viewed’ and ‘clicked’ ads”

And here is the last post for that thread:

And here is what is stated after clicking the link which takes you to “Brave Ads FAQ”:

So it looks like the “Attention %” thing is no longer typically visible and my being able to see it last night was a temporary glitch.

@Cutie I’m pretty sure the attention you referring is for Auto-contribute feature which is not related to Brave Ads. https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027276731-Brave-Rewards-FAQ

This statement under the Brave Ads FAQ is confusing and needs more clarity:

So does this mean that glancing at the push notifications tray every time you get a notice for an ad counts as a view? As in you don’t need click on the ad notification thus opening a new tab with the ad?

A better explanation than what is available currently under the FAQs would be greatly appreciated.

In addition to my previous reply, this one have more clear information @Cutie https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018123651-How-do-I-use-Brave-Rewards-

Ah! I understand now. That’s what I get for looking for answers late at night…for over an hour…

Thank you so much @anon83185095 :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.