NOTICE: For anyone currently on WINDOWS 11 OS

Brave now crashes alot on windows 11 had to go back to chrome

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been a Windows insider for quite awhile now and on Windows 11 for months. Brave appears to be running fine from what I can tell.

1 Like

it get slower than chrome when load any page after update to windows 11
now iam using chrome wait for fix

1 Like

@avet22,
Can you please open an official report describing the behavior here on Community so we can take a closer look?

where do you open an official report ?

@avet22,
Anywhere here on Community. Use the New topic option on the homepage and follow the posting guidelines:

Please repost to reflect the template and guidelines and we’d be more than happy to assist you.

Guidelines - Before posting, please:

• Search the forum to see if anyone else has already posted or resolved the issue you came to ask about.
  • Fill out the template that appears in your editor when posting as it contains all the boiler-plate information surrounding your issue. It will help the Support team members and other Community members to efficiently assess and resolve your issue.
  • Provide essential info such as your version number and OS, to help Support and other Community members resolve your issue.
  • Ensure that you’re posting in the appropriate category
  • Tag your post appropriately – note that some tags are restricted to or from specific categories.
  • Observe and adhere to our code of conduct

My install has the “Wallet was not yet created” issue after upgrading to Windows 11.

I have done a clean install of windows 11, and have Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Brave browsers running. On Windows 10 Brave was much faster than the other two. On Windows 11 it is the slowest of the 3 by quite a way, both with the browser opening, and opening web pages. Chrome is the fastest, followed by Edge and lastly Brave.

1 Like

Screen Scramble

Hi, Brave sadly will trigger the Windows 11 desktop to scramble the display or screen. Microsoft, in it’s support section—reference link below—states the offending app MUST be uninstalled since it is incompatible with Win 11. :pensive:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows

To that end, I wanted to give you my OS & system builds in hopes this screen scramble bug could be addressed or even better, to be informed if the Brave team has already addressed this problem in a recent update to the Brave browser so I can continue using your product on Win 11.

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎11/‎2/‎2021
OS build 22000.282
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.318.0
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Finally, I should note that I’ve had to use Google Chrome’s Canary edition to avoid the screen scramble situation where it nicely renders or works without error in Win 11. I’ve noted that Chrome’s (experimental) Canary edition takes advantage of new Mica material for Chrome where again, it works beautifully with WIn 11, and thus I’m not sure if the Brave team will incorporate or already has begun work on this feature.

Reference article

Hope this helps, thank you for reading.

There gotta be some other underlying issues with your os.
It runs perfectly fine for me on 11.

1 Like

Yes, I’m replying to my own thread—it appears the latest patch from MS, which’s listed in the above OS build version along with Brave’s recent app version, 1.3.101.0 that I installed, has resolved the screen scramble. :crossed_fingers:

Time will tell of course!

P.S. @xMovingTarget comment motivated me to give Brave another chance! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I am using
Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 OS build 22000.282
with Brave Version 1.31.88 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Brave has a scrambled window whenever I drag a “Tab” from its original window.

@bfung,
This may be an issue with a particular extensions and/or Hardware Acceleration (I wager that’s the issue).

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I dont have this issue on latest win 11. As Mattches said. might be an extension or something else.

Profile 1 (P1) taskbar pin opens Profile 2 (P2) when starting up P1 while P2 in session even when P1 and P2 are pinned.

Additionally, P1 will keep opening P2 even when P2 is closed until I switch Profile via Brave Profiles list.

However, P3 and P2 correctly open their respective profile. Only P1 that doesn’t and will open any last active profile (and last closed profiles when all windows/sessions are closed).

I stopped receiving sponsored images after moving to Windows 11 (it’s been 2 weeks) but still receive notification ads. I have “show sponsored images” on. I know there is a campaign in my country (Poland) because I checked on my friend’s computer. I use the newest versions of software.

I have been facing the same issues, Whereas other browers have less than 5% battery consumption in the Background. Yes I’ve tried tweaking the settings i.e enable hardware acceleration, enable/ disabling scripts, etc no major difference still backgrnd usage is over 38% for 24hr. BRAVE USING 87% of the battery with only 50% actual usage rest in background.
I like the browser and the incentive based ad system, but at the end of the day, I feel i should switch back to my previous browser as the cost of battery replacement outweighs all the rewards. This is literally eating away at the battery in the background.
Brave team should focus on reducing background consumption of energy.

Browser works just fine. But have not been able to enable Ads.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.