No sound from brave and does not show up in volume mixer, but all other sounds on computer works

No sound from brave and does not show up in volume mixer

Reproduce issue? Always happens when I open brave.
No matter what I do no audio comes from brave.

1. Open brave
  2. No Audio
  3. restart brave
  4. Still no audio from brave.

Audio.

Brave Version
Version 1.40.109 Chromium: 103.0.5060.66 (Official Build) (64-bit)

**This issue started today after I moved my pc to another place. Everything that used to be connected is connected, and all other sounds work. So for example edge sound works, chrome, games, spotify etc all works perfectly.

I have tried reinstalling brave, resetting brave, checking audio sources, restarting pc, windows troubleshooting, Disabling and enabling hardware acceleration.

Hi

Check if sound is enabled @ brave://settings/content/sound?search=sound
Check if sound is enabled for Brave in Windows settings

2 Likes

Sits can play audio is on and brave does not even show up in things like volume mixer. :frowning:

Try the solution from this user @ Brave browser not showing up in volume mixer (windows 11) - #7 by ThePuppett

You may also try troubleshoot sound by right-clicking on sound icon in taskbar.
Also, look at this https://www.thewindowsclub.com/applications-missing-from-volume-mixer-in-windows-10

1 Like

I tried everything in those links and nothing seems to fix the issue. Maybe it could be a windows update. I checked the exclusive controls thing, I uninstalled basically every single audio driver to test, I tried troubleshooting all used audio sourced in the windows troubleshooting menu…

I took some screenshots of my audio sources and some other stuff I thought may be useful and uploaded it to this imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/h5CfYNX
Maybe there is something useful there

same thing is happening to me sound is comping from my laptop speaker but as soon as I plug-in my earphones it doesn’t works but sounds come from other browsers other than brave I think they should fix this real quick

The same thing has been happening to me for a few weeks, across at least one update of Brave. Happy to search for logs if that would help solve this issue.

I tried restarting my computer and the issue still occurs. I tried disabling my extensions and restarting Brave, and the issue still occurs.

I tried opening up a fresh copy of https://portapps.io/download/brave-portable-win64-1.42.88-83.7z/ and the issue does not occur in this.

I also tried copying %APPDATA%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\* to data as brave-portable recommends, and the issue still does not occur in this.

Chiming in since all other topics of this issue are locked.

Brave shows up in the volume mixer for me (actually, it has since disappeared, but it’s inconsistent), but sound completely breaks for all tabs after stopping a video and playing another piece of media (on Youtube, Instagram, probably more). Just started happening today. Audio on Discord appears to be completely broken.

Version says Up-to-date on v1.42.97, which was released yesterday. Perhaps the update to Chromium 104.0.5112.102 is causing issues?

Restarting the browser fixes it (Except for Discord). Refreshing a page does not. Closing and re-opening a tab does not. Even restarted my computer, but the issue came back.

Pls fix. Thank you. This appears to have either magically resolved itself or somebody made a quick patch. This issue no longer occurs for me I take that back. This issue appears to only happen on one of my devices.

same issue , although I never moved my PC. It just happened after I updated Brave, Highly unsatisfied right now. Edge sucks and Brave is the best. But this needs to be fixed

Hello,
Seems to have the exact same problem here.
I just moved my PC, all is working fine, expect no audio from Brave Only. And it doesn’t show up in mixer too.
Thanks for your helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.