Network error when downloading Chrome Web Store extension

Description of the issue:*
When I try to install a Chrome Web Store extension, it says “Network error” and the installation faills.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Trying installing a Chrome Web Store extension

Expected result:
Network error when it starts downloading the extension

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.36.111 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Build officiel) (64 bits)
(https://brave.com/latest/)

This has been driving me MAD the past few days!!! I’ve done everything possible down to the command line to fix this issue that came out of nowhere for me. PLEASE Help Us

In the meantime - this works:

1. Go to https://crxextractor.com/
  2. paste the URL from the Chrome Store to the extension
    you want and the the .crx file
  3. Open your extensions tab in Brave
  4. Drag and Drop from the folder you downloaded the
    .crx file to the extensions tab
  5. Dance and Happy Dance of Joy and Relief
    :dancer:t6::dancer:t5::dancer:t4::dancer:t3::dancer:t3::dancer:t2::dancer::dancer:t2::dancer:t3::dancer:t3::dancer:t4::dancer:t5::dancer:t6:

Hope this helps!!!

Much love!!! :v:
.ƹ.

This fixed the problem for me, I’m not the OP but came here looking for a solution to the same problem, so thank you for your suggestion. Curently doing the happy dance of joy and relief :slight_smile: Cheers

1 Like

Happy to help, it doesn’t happen often that I can :wink:

Hi.

Your solution install the package almost like a developper will do.
Does it keeps the extension up-to-date ?

Thanks.

1 Like

Sure. Just go to your extensions and the extension shows up there. At the top left of your extensions tab are 3 buttons and one is update if you have any concerns about any of your extensions being out of date. It’s probably not a bad idea to do that occasionally anyway. I’m not a real techie, I just learned it out of necessity, but that’s worked for me. Even after a fresh install of the correct installer according to Brave and losing all my passwords even though I saved a copy of my user data folder, Brave seems to be running much smoother, but still won’t download extensions for me from the Chrome web store. What I cam up w/seems to be working fine though, as well as the extensions I’ve installed this way. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Still learning new stuff every day. I stick w/ Brave because in 1.5 +/- yrs I’ve had it, I must have saved an entire week of my life not watching commercials and ads on YouTube alone, not mention everywhere else across the net, so to me, it’s MORE than worth it. I LOVE the Brave :heart:'s here for finally making something as it should be, bugs or not … FREEEEE-DOMMMMM!!!

1 Like

@EricS.Cook look at you helping out like a pro. Coming up with that, you’re a better techie than me. Drop in more often to help out!

1 Like

Thanks, kinda made my day. I will as I find solutions to stuff.
Much love!!! :v:
.ƹ.

“Without ART, the eARTh would just be … ‘eh’!”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.