I received the famous error (M7701-1003) when visiting Netflix, but I also was unable to play content from Prime video and Ziggo GO. My browser was up-to-date (as of the 5th of June 2021) and Widevine was installed and enabled as well. I don’t need help anymore but I’m posting this in case anybody else has this problem and needs help. I Googled for a while and none of the solutions that I was able to find worked for me. I took the following steps to fix the problem:
- Go to brave://settings/?search=widevine and disable Widevine.
- The browser will ask you to relaunch, and you will do so.
- Go to Netflix and try playing any content.
- The browser will tell you that Netflix wants to install Widevine. Click Allow.
- The browser will then tell you that Netflix wants to restart your browser. Also click Allow.
After taking these steps I could watch Netflix, Prime video, and Ziggo GO again. If these steps don’t work, make sure to try disabling all shields for the site.